The Dundee United Thread 22/23

If this deal happens at half of some of the numbers being quoted, imagine how happy Ogren will be with it all. In one fell swoop it would go a long way to recouping the millions he’s ploughed in, and it’s not even a deal that was done on his watch! Easiest money he’s ever made - maybe he’s not so daft after all! 

If somebody pays £30 million for Harry fuckin Souttar, then football should be stopped as it would be beyond farcical. 

However saying that, Newcastle have come into a couple of quid so you never know...

20 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

If somebody pays £30 million for Harry fuckin Souttar, then football should be stopped as it would be beyond farcical. 

However saying that, Newcastle have come into a couple of quid so you never know...

Yip. If someone at Stoke in the Championship can fetch that price then ffs.

It also reinforces the current trend of clubs down south farting a couple hundred grand for a promising player and clubs up here dropping their nickers at the first decent (pittance of an) offer and shoving a sell on in there.

How often do these scenarios actually happen?

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yip. If someone at Stoke in the Championship can fetch that price then ffs.

It also reinforces the current trend of clubs down south farting a couple hundred grand for a promising player and clubs up here dropping their nickers at the first decent (pittance of an) offer and shoving a sell on in there.

How often do these scenarios actually happen?

Arnautovic went for £20M

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Guy's an actual giant who can also play football. I can see it. Good big guy's better than a good wee guy and all that.

Edit: Just to clarify, £30m is obviously fucking ridiculous but, y'know, giants are relatively rare irl. Presumably there's a giant lanky freak premium.

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

Ex - Stoke

Thats mental. The comparison would be teams like Dunfermline, Partick or Ayr getting £3 or £4 million for players regularly. IMO. 

Crazy stuff. 

I remember when Shearer went to Newcastle for £15 million and I said to a mate at the time that it won't be long till that's a standard fee. I dont think we're too far away from £40 - £50 Million becoming a bog standard fee really.

Would anyone here grudge Mr O basically just taking the sell on lump to recoup some of what he's plowed into the club? 

Personally I wouldn't be bothered by it, I think given how much he's paid into the club it would only be fair that he got some of it back. 

Obviously the likely scenario would be some of it went into the operations side of things and he got the other half. 

13 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Arnautovic went for £20M

Aye, but he'd won a Serie A title with Inter Milan by that point, and Stoke had just finished mid-table in the EPL. Zero idea why you're using that as an example of what a mid-table Championship version of Stoke will get for a CB who's never played above that level.

Harry Souttar will clearly not be moving for £30m, but it says everything about English footballs insanity that it's even a discussion.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but he'd won a Serie A title with Inter Milan by that point, and Stoke had just finished mid-table in the EPL. Zero idea why you're using that as an example of what a mid-table Championship version of Stoke will get for a CB who's never played above that level.

Harry Souttar will clearly not be moving for £30m, but it says everything about English footballs insanity that it's even a discussion.

How much will he go for?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I remember the day Garry 'Kenza' Kenneth was being touted with a £10m move to Chelsea and thinking football couldn't become any more preposterous. It has, it's still lapped up and Kenza went on a freebie to Bristol. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

So you’ve no idea?  Fair enough, it’s like your take on most things.

😂

Sorry for not knowing the fee of s transfer that's not going to happen for at least 2 months. I'll get straight onto a psychic though.

I don't think I'm in anyway pretending to be ITK by saying Harry Souttar leaving Stoke won't be for a fee of £30m.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends on how desperate the buying club is and Souttars form at the time. Im not saying he (or anybody) is worth £30m truly but if someone wants to burn that cash on him then cool.

And we make a packet out of it too. Happy days.

In a world where Jack Grealish is worth over £100M anything is possible.