The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 28/07/2020 at 15:47, Jacksgranda said:

Where have you been hiding?

A combination of being ridiculously busy since returning to work and realising 98% of the posts/threads on here are shite.

99.5% of my posts are shite if that’s any consolation.

Watching the Killie highlights and Connolly has flogged the equaliser. Just needs to deal with it instead of trying to let it run out

Yeah it wasn’t great. Hopefully it is a ‘good’ thing these mistakes happen in pre-season to give Mellon something to work on and/or highlight areas that need improved.

A weird mistake by Connolly though, he’s usually guilty of being overly rash and physical, not of being too cautious. Also might be good to give him and others the realisation that any little thing will be punished in the Premiership. There is another highlight featuring Robson switching off and wandering about, an error Killie really should have scored from.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A combination of being ridiculously busy since returning to work and realising 98% of the posts/threads on here are shite.

99.5% of my posts are shite if that’s any consolation.

As long as you're happy, that's the main thing.

37 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Working fine on the firestick for me. Resolution's not great but that may just be the footage of the killie game itself.

Think I read somewhere the cameras used for the Killie game weren't the ones to be used for the actual league games. It could be wrong but that was what I read.

42 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Working fine on the firestick for me. Resolution's not great but that may just be the footage of the killie game itself.

If it helps anyone I did a wee test using Chromecast (built in to a 2019 Sony Viera) from Android 10 and from windows 10, both Chrome browser. On both the United and Saints Stream Digital sites the  hosted videos run fine. As far as I am aware they use the same player for live streams. Everything was flawless in 1500 HD.

ETA - the DUTV videos aren't 1500 HD, for some reason you can't select the resolution on DUTV. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

28 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If it helps anyone I did a wee test using Chromecast (built in to a 2019 Sony Viera) from Android 10 and from windows 10, both Chrome browser. On both the United and Saints Stream Digital sites the  hosted videos run fine. As far as I am aware they use the same player for live streams. Everything was flawless in 1500 HD.

ETA - the DUTV videos aren't 1500 HD, for some reason you can't select the resolution on DUTV. 

How did you get the chrome cast to link up? Which icon on the player did you select?

cheers

56 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You can, but the highest was 720p

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

How did you get the chrome cast to link up? Which icon on the player did you select?

cheers

Bottom right hand corner (windows) or top left (android) of the playing video you'll see the Chromecast logo. Click on that. 

If that fails you can cast the browser tab with the video full screen. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Bottom right hand corner (windows) or top left (android) of the playing video you'll see the Chromecast logo. Click on that. 

If that fails you can cast the browser tab and cast full screen. 

Cheers. I’m not the most technologically minded. Would this work on an IPhone? I’ve got a chrome cast thing plugged into the TV but the only thing I have been able to get to cast is the BT player.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Cheers. I’m not the most technologically minded. Would this work on an IPhone? I’ve got a chrome cast thing plugged into the TV but the only thing I have been able to get to cast is the BT player.

I don't see why not. Remember they have to be on the same network. 

The JW player does seem to support casting, easiest thing is just to give it a try.