The Dundee United Thread 22/23

39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's exactly it. Nobody writes this because they know it won't happen. Writing it now as a piss take doesn't change that. Glad it's been rubbished now by Mr Burns. Has he passed comment on Shankland and if its possible to both be in Glasgow AND appear on Zoom in the same day? 

Zoom isn't a place so he could have quite easily been in Glasgow using Zoom in a mobile device.

For example, people in Glasgow can use Zoom.

Its very possible hes going to Rangers. If he is going in this window, I hope we get 3 million at least with a hefty sell on chunk. If not then Fat Tony can fucking do one.

16 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

"For example, people in Glasgow can use Zoom."

Yes, eh've heard the weeg is full of Zoomers.

I reckon these twitter "in the know" brigade are all fucking zoomers too tbh.

Throw enough shite at a wall and some will stick. And Csaba Laszlo will sign the rest...

34 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Cheap Panini have finally listened to me and are drawing Dundee United. They are looking for suggestions for their "fine" artistic talents to mangle..err draw.

Link here

Got to be Davie Dods, Lee Wilkie, Willo Flood, Sieb Dijkstra, Dave Bowman, Andy McLaren, Luggy...

All the fugly heroes!

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Got to be Davie Dods, Lee Wilkie, Willo Flood, Sieb Dijkstra, Dave Bowman, Andy McLaren, Luggy...

All the fugly heroes!

Bloody hell, Andy McLaren is gonna be helluva pissed to be rated alongside Davie Dodds 😂

21 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wait what. So by people posting saying that don't think it will happen that's somehow a tacit admission they actually think it's possible. 

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but that makes no sense to me. 

Surely using the words "Don't think it will happen" rather than "It won't/Can't happen" is an acknowledgement of a possibility?   

31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Surely using the words "Don't think it will happen" rather than "It won't/Can't happen" is an acknowledgement of a possibility?   

Well yes in the very base form it would acknowledge a possibility. But that's the same logic as someone saying a million to one chance is a "possibility" when clearly the intended meaning isn't any where near that. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Well yes in the very base form it would acknowledge a possibility. But that's the same logic as someone saying a million to one chance is a "possibility" when clearly the intended meaning isn't any where near that. 

Depends on the context though .  Saying I don't think I'll win the lottery isn't the same as saying I don't think it will rain - same words but different degree of probability which both speaker and listener acknowledge.  

2 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Its kind of like saying "I don't think Dundee FC will go into administration for a third time before 2025".

I'm admitting that I think its unlikely but there's still a fair chance of it happening.

You don't think Dundee will go into administration before 2025?

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You don't think Dundee will go into administration before 2025?

Oh I fully expect it - its as certain as night following day.

Was just a scenario that I thought the hoards of Dundee fans who read the Dundee United thread in envy, tears and jealousy would understand.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm admitting that I think its unlikely but there's still a fair chance of it happening.

A wee bit contradictory don't you think? 

P.S. it's hordes b.t.w. 

Edited by hk blues

Has anybody recieved their log in email from United today regarding their virtual season ticket? Supposedly sent to everyone at about 15:40 but no sign. Even had a look in the Neil Doncaster folder