The Dundee United Thread 22/23

16 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Not only did Tommy Wright brutally reject Dundee United's advances, he has now spoken to the press and accurately described them as a one-man team. Some boy.

If I had just downed a can of paint that would also be my interpretation of recent events

19 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Not only did Tommy Wright brutally reject Dundee United's advances, he has now spoken to the press and accurately described them as a one-man team. Some boy.

Some boy indeed. I think he's the first to notice during large parts of last season Shankland single handedly pulled us out the shite. Honestly, what a fucking guy Wright is. I wonder if Mensa are going to give him a shout.

"If you also consider United have lost Paul Watson, Rakish Bingham and Osman Sow, you can see there are gaps to be filled"

Probably not, eh?

24 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

A lot of anger on this thread. Sorry, I misjudged the vibe. 

Not so much anger, its more shock and disbelief at the acute mental decline of a once respected manager.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

If it had been posted it isn’t there anymore. Some of these Instagram accounts are mad for a wee rumour to get some added engagement with their page.

Shankland has just come off a Zoom call with the academy lads, highly unlikely he was anywhere near that cesspit today. 

No idea how accurate the rumours are but I have seen Jackson Irvine being linked with a move to United .

Not sure how he was at Hull last season but I remember him being good at Ross County and sure he looked pretty decent the times I saw him at Burton. 

I would be doubtful if this happens though given the wages he would have been on at Hull.

15 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

No idea how accurate the rumours are but I have seen Jackson Irvine being linked with a move to United .

Not sure how he was at Hull last season but I remember him being good at Ross County and sure he looked pretty decent the times I saw him at Burton. 

I would be doubtful if this happens though given the wages he would have been on at Hull.

Was that rumour not getting chucked around when Robbie was here? 

As good a signings at he'd be, can't see us forking anywhere near half that sort of wage out. If Hull couldn't afford to pay him eleventy hundred and sixteen grand a week then I doubt he'll come to us for three farthings and a bag of magic beans.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

39 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Was that rumour not getting chucked around when Robbie was here? 

As good a signings at he'd be, can't see us forking anywhere near half that sort of wage out. If Hull couldn't afford to pay him eleventy hundred and sixteen grand a week then I doubt he'll come to us for three farthings and a bag of magic beans.

I could not say if that rumour was around when Robbie was in charge I only came across it for the first time today.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Screenshot_20200728_162920.thumb.jpg.0de92719e49abb373999df6eba33d0cb.jpg

Theres one of them. 

I don’t really place too much faith in a Twitter account that can’t even be arsed to Google how many goals he scored last season (“around 30 goals”), has zero understanding of how and when to employ upper and lower case characters (The zombies) and finishes a question with a full stop (“could a move to Rangers be on the cards for Shankland.”) 

Doesn’t exactly make me think it’s the work of a well placed investigative journalist tbh. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If they weren't thinking it was possible they simply would not mention it. 

Not quite true now, is it. Someone mentioned that they'd seen a player linked. Says they think its unlikely. Another agrees in how unlikely it would be.

That means "Folk genuinely believe Jackson Irvine might be signing?".

Are you having a similar lapse in mental fortitude ala Tommy Wright or are you just being a bit silly now?

33 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Ffs, some people you don't know are saying this thing but other people you don't know are saying that thing!

He's nothing if not consistent.

I agree. Consistently stupid.