The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Everyone's reaction when Thursday comes and goes and no signing is unveiled will be amusing 😂😂.

He didn't say a signing would be unveiled, he said there would be "a signing announcement".

That could easily be "We won't be signing anyone lads"

First time posting in the Dundee United thread. Firstly I'd like to say a huge congratulations on a terrific season and return to the top flight (all things going to plan). 

With lots of talent I see no reason why a strong top 6 finish can't be on the cards next season.

I had the pleasure of watching Declan Glass playing for Cove last season and he was a real standout. Trickery and the ability to go by players at will. Also got his fair share of goals; some were crackers (one against Cowden and one against Albion Rovers are clear iny mind)

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on what part you think he'll play next season? Do you think there is any chance he could be loaned back out? There would be many clubs interested i'm sure.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

45 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

First time posting in the Dundee United thread. Firstly I'd like to say a huge congratulations on a terrific season and return to the top flight (all things going to plan). 

With lots of talent I see no reason why a strong top 6 finish can't be on the cards next season.

I had the pleasure of watching Declan Glass playing for Cove last season and he was a real standout. Trickery and the ability to go by players at will. Also got his fair share of goals; some were crackers (one against Cowden and one against Albion Rovers are clear iny mind)

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on what part you think he'll play next season? Do you think there is any chance he could be loaned back out? There would be many clubs interested i'm sure.

I reckon the new gaffer likes to develop youth. Good chance United will use Glass and Chalmers more often, more likely to see Mochrie loaned out IMO

51 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He’d have definitely have got his chance at a good run of games had last season run it’s course, which is a shame as he deserves it.

Had a good game against Partick, and had some opportunities in subsequent games, but got smashed in the face  against either Arbroath or Morton and had to go off injured which set him back a bit.

Def has skill and seems quite grounded which is nice to see. Hopefully he follows Appere’s example rather than Banks’.

Perhaps needs to bulk up a bit too, but I reckon he’ll get a chance under Mellon to show what he can do.

7 minutes ago, wardy83 said:

1-0 United in friendly against Rangers B Team after 6mins.

1-1 now.

This is their side.

EdhvSxyWAAAO-SE.thumb.jpeg.65676ad81e1423902a3b5d2d2e9c2fdc.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
8 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:
One big collective "wha?".
I haven't got a fucking clue who any of them are.

Lies

Who have I heard of?

Eta I see James McPake is playing for them. My bad.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Lies

ETA - we have been down for a few seasons but if you dont know or have never heard of Greg Stewart, Jordan Jones, Greg Docherty, Glen Middleton then.....

In fact even Josh Mcpake played for the wee team against us on loan

Who have I heard of?

My comment sounds a bit dickish but its not intentional. Most of they players would stroll into nearly any other Old Firm team

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:
Who have I heard of?

My comment sounds a bit dickish but its not intentional. Most of they players would stroll into nearly any other Old Firm team

Didn't think it was dickish by any means. All good.

I've not paid any attention what so ever to the comings and goings of der *** tbh and I mean to keep it that way. And without the first names and a desire to factually check their squad I had no idea who they were.

Now I see the first names I do recall a few. And they would all definitely do a job for us.