The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Seems to be a bit of confusion with the wording. It says its for Adult season ticket holders only so im not sure where that leaves student and seniors for instance

Seems to be a bit of confusion with the wording. It says its for Adult season ticket holders only so im not sure where that leaves student and seniors for instance

They’ve now clarified that it is for anyone holding a 16+ season ticket.

The ‘early bird’ deal ends mid June.  By then I’d be hoping for around 5,000.

Hopefully those who can afford it will show the same level of support as we’ve seen the last few seasons.

Oh, and Dundee are shite.

46 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Anyone have any info on the new strips?

There are a few photos doing the rounds on social media, no idea if they're real. If they are, (begins whispering) the third strip is quite smart. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

They’re not unfortunately. Just mock ups.

This season’s kits were cracking, to be fair, but it’s a bit crazy how often the mockups are far better than what the club/kitmaker come up with.

I loved the one going about last year which was a modern reworking of the Jackson pollock top.

On 04/06/2020 at 19:41, ArabAuslander said:

Hopefully it's a SPFL production and not an Arabzone one.

On 05/06/2020 at 14:57, ArabFC said:

I've watched some games via Arabzone Live, and they've tended to be dreadful - they'll need to put in some work if that's how fans are going to be watching the games.

On 05/06/2020 at 17:05, Granny Danger said:

Sometimes ArabZone is so bad it’s good.

Unfortunately it’s mostly just bad.

16 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The co-commentator, bless him, he makes my ears bleed

I must be the only Arab that actually likes Arabzone... I guess being subjected to Bein Sports for the past few years has really, really lowered my standards!

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

My biggest gripe is the commentators. Total cringe.

I thought they were a little biased/cringeworthy when I first started watching games on Arabzone, but then last season I was forced to watch one of the play-off games on St Mirren TV - I will never complain again!  The commentator cried when the final whistle went, and that was one of his less embarrassing moments.

I don’t have an issue with club commentators being biased, and often it makes for decent hilarity when something happens against the team and then it goes viral (see Rangers TV)

My issues with ArabZone have always been the quality and level of content beyond the games themselves. They use already free to air interview footage for match previews and there is a lack of ‘features’ for a paid service. I still subscribe because I want to help fund that area of the club (certainly under the previous regime the media content budget was purely based on AZone income) but I hope that with more exposure in the top-flight they can up their game a little bit.