The Dundee United Thread 22/23

6 hours ago, arab_joe said:

I don't love Butcher and Harkes, but suspect that Butcher will be useful in games that we are pinned back (i.e. about every second week) and I don't think we can afford to bring in another centre midfielder when we already have Glass, King and Powers as back-up.  We are already totally unsustainable.

Players can be punted and in the case of King and Powers probably should be.

I can see the value in Butcher doing his thing, but only if he has a good player beside him - that isn't Harkes imho.

Edited by ArabFC

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

If we avoided relegation and coupled it with a run of some sorts in a cup I dont think you would hear any fans complaining.

You had fans complaining whilst walking the league last year wanting the manager sacked. Then rejoicing when he got a new deal, then claiming he wasn't a loss when he left. 

You'll always have fans complaining. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You had fans complaining whilst walking the league last year wanting the manager sacked. Then rejoicing when he got a new deal, then claiming he wasn't a loss when he left. 

You'll always have fans complaining. 

Fans have the right to complain. You pay in, you get an opinion.

If people don't realise this then they should go watch the private school boys play piley on while chasing eggs.

Fwiw I was stunned into joyous laughter and thunderous applause when someone paid us nearly a quarter of a million for Robbie. He got us promoted but by christ it was painful to watch the majority of the time.

17 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Fans have the right to complain. You pay in, you get an opinion.

If people don't realise this then they should go watch the private school boys play piley on while chasing eggs.

Fwiw I was stunned into joyous laughter and thunderous applause when someone paid us nearly a quarter of a million for Robbie. He got us promoted but by christ it was painful to watch the majority of the time.

Yep but fans are serial moaners, there were some Livi fans wanting Holt sacked around Oct/Nov when we hit a bad run (3 defeats in a row were Motherwell A, Sevco H & Celtic A too), and we ended up having our 2nd most successful season ever in the top flight.

18 hours ago, tree house tam said:

f**k up ya dick. We were a fucking cracking side the second half of last season and would've overtaken Livingston with ease if it had been played out. I'll be very disappointed if we are in the bottom half next season. 

Aye and Hearts would've avoided relegation too. 👌

37 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

yup

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep but fans are serial moaners, there were some Livi fans wanting Holt sacked around Oct/Nov when we hit a bad run (3 defeats in a row were Motherwell A, Sevco H & Celtic A too), and we ended up having our 2nd most successful season ever in the top flight.

I didn't say their opinion was in any way valid or reasonable.

I know I'm very much on the negative and demanding side of things (and yes I do sit in the George Fox) but I'm not daft enough to think my opinion matters a jot to the manager or the club.

But then their opinion isn't as important as mine!

There were a good few were times last season where Neilson was blatantly out smarted, out thought and just plain old got it really wrong and it was painful to watch him stick by his poor decisions and Peter Pawlett. I'm glad we now have a manager that (by the sounds of it) changes his system to suit what he's got and who he's up against. We've missed that for years and I look forward to maoning about his constant tinkering with the team.

Hes already dropped Shankland ffs. Get him oot!

I take it you've never sat in the George Fox?
Had a season ticket in the GF lower for a couple of years and it wasnt too bad. Only moved to the ET because the GF seemed to have a high number of kids who were up and down constantly for the toilet, juice, crisps etc.

And I felt ashamed of my failure to moderate my language at times.

One of the biggest issues with Neilson (since we're moaning about him again) is that his plan B was always better than his plan A.

That great run of 14 unbeaten games in the league came when his favorites where out injured and he had to switch the players who actually deserved to be there.

We started to stutter with wins becoming draws conveniently around the time when Pawlett came back from his injury and he kept rotating Connolly, Watson, and Reynolds despite Watson and Reynolds working really well together.

Long time viewer of the site just haven't logged in for ages but how refreshing is it to be going into a new season as Dundee's Premier Team?

Down to the global Barsteward the number of games i will make next season will be limited but hopefully will be back in 2021 anyone rushing back in October or waiting until next year?

10 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Had a season ticket in the GF lower for a couple of years and it wasnt too bad. Only moved to the ET because the GF seemed to have a high number of kids who were up and down constantly for the toilet, juice, crisps etc.

Bit harsh swearing at kids but I understand the frustration with having to let them and their extended families past half a dozen times a match.

22 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Ive moved to that stand too but because of peer pressure lol

3 hours ago, Aladdin said:

I was in the Dode Lower for years as well, but your fucking atrocious language forced me into the arms of the ETL

Much fucking good that did me....😜