The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 29/05/2020 at 01:54, ArabianKnight said:

Freeman signs 2 year contract. 

Liam Smith was excellent last season - so I am glad that we are going with him as our starter with Freeman as back-up.

On 29/05/2020 at 22:39, ArabFC said:

I presume/hope that Stephen O'Donnell isn't a target then.

I hope so.  Never sat well with me, bringing in an expensive right-back should never have been a priority with how well Liam Smith played last season.

On 30/05/2020 at 22:00, mishtergrolsch said:

For who?

Aberdeen.  Would be a great signing for us, even at 33, but if we are competing for wages with Aberdeen etc. then we are either losing out or we are paying well over the odds. 

On 03/06/2020 at 00:48, PartyFears2 said:

Season ticket sales around 2,500

Last season we were around 4,000, were we not?  If so, 2,500 at this stage and with all of this going on is a decent start.

20 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Announcement this morning regarding DUSF and £100,000+ going to the club.

Story from the official site: here.  Looks like a really positive development.

From the Courier:

The funds will go towards an upgrade of United's academy facility at Gussie Park in line with their long-term strategy of developing the young talent and “ensuring the club’s short-term liquidity”.

17 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Always thought Walsh looked good against us. He was the main danger in last years playoff games.

Would be far happier going for the likes of Walsh than the aforementioned O'Donnell and even Hayes.  23 years old, definite potential to be a great player and a winger must be a higher priority than a full-back.

Ah man, ive been too busy celebrating our championship title and promotion that i never stopped to think that Peter Pawlett is still with us. I was having a great day until now, thanks lads :(

41 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Ah man, ive been too busy celebrating our championship title and promotion that i never stopped to think that Peter Pawlett is still with us. I was having a great day until now, thanks lads :(

I don’t know a single Arab on here or IRL who rates Pawlett.  We can’t all be wrong.

At least I won’t ever have to watch Osman Sow playing for us again.

2 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

See we've announced that ST Holders will get Free Live Streams for the first few rounds of the Premiership season. Hopefully it's a SPFL production and not an Arabzone one.

Tbf, that's the absolute minimum you should get for a season ticket. All credit to those who stumped up for a ticket without knowing whether they would get anything for it but I do find the practice of charging full price for a service which may or not be delivered to be rather dubious. I'll likely still get a season ticket this season once we've got a better idea as to what's happening but I'd like to think it will be on the basis of a proper prospectus: i.e. you'll pay full price and, at a minimum, that will entitle you to watch all 18 or 19 (or however many) home games either in the ground or online.

I get that those buying tickets might be treating it as a charitable donation at this stage but really the club should be making that clear - you can give us money (thanks very much) but we can't guarantee you'll get anything in return.

20 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Saw this on Twitter, quite a useful reminder for those of us who can barely remember what the squad is looking like:

image0.jpeg

King is not a right winger.

Im not even sure he's a football player.

I am, however, 100% sure Pawlette hasn't been a player for several years.

16 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, that's the absolute minimum you should get for a season ticket. All credit to those who stumped up for a ticket without knowing whether they would get anything for it but I do find the practice of charging full price for a service which may or not be delivered to be rather dubious. I'll likely still get a season ticket this season once we've got a better idea as to what's happening but I'd like to think it will be on the basis of a proper prospectus: i.e. you'll pay full price and, at a minimum, that will entitle you to watch all 18 or 19 (or however many) home games either in the ground or online.

I get that those buying tickets might be treating it as a charitable donation at this stage but really the club should be making that clear - you can give us money (thanks very much) but we can't guarantee you'll get anything in return.

I thought the club had also said whatever games you can't see will be held in credit for your next season ticket etc

I've watched some games via Arabzone Live, and they've tended to be dreadful - they'll need to put in some work if that's how fans are going to be watching the games.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I thought the club had also said whatever games you can't see will be held in credit for your next season ticket etc

I've watched some games via Arabzone Live, and they've tended to be dreadful - they'll need to put in some work if that's how fans are going to be watching the games.

Sometimes ArabZone is so bad it’s good.

Unfortunately it’s mostly just bad.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

It certainly doesn't say that on the website season ticket pages. It says all home games are included. No mention of the fact that this might be streaming rather than admission to the ground. Of course they couldn't possibly have said that when the tickets went on sale a month ago since Sky only gave permission yesterday.

Obviously we already know the score and can deduce that the website isn't giving the full picture. They should be though. It smacks of carelessness or worse.

Och, it's a small criticism, and we're all struggling so I wouldn't wish to be too harsh. I just think they might have been better holding fire on the season ticket sales until they knew what they could offer rather than offering a service for sale and then trying to cobble the details together later on. It does seem like a bit of a pisstake, albeit forgivable in the current climate.