The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

With respect you also claimed Wright agreed to take the job. 

I assume I got the same text from one of 'The Fed' guys that caused quite an amount of new accounts to join up and post the same all around that time. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Lets call it a hunch. 

So ‘by all accounts’ quickly becomes ‘a hunch’.

Away and cry yersel to sleep in the knowledge you’ll still have McPake in yer dugout next year.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

We'll find out tomorrow but honestly seems like you're basing this more off of hope than anything else.

I would be nonplussed if McLaren was to become United manager as I doubt we will meet one another next season (or quite possibly the one after). I assume you're saying this simply because I am a Dundee supporter. 

19 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Yes, I trust the reporting of a man who also reported that Shankland was signing, as well as literally every single United signing since Asghar came in.

Again, I'm failing to see what your point is?

Not just since Asghar came in. I remember he broke Chris Erskine signing a couple of days before it was announced, and others too. He is fairly on the ball when it comes north east and Fife teams.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Not just since Asghar came in. I remember he broke Chris Erskine signing a couple of days before it was announced, and others too. He is fairly on the ball when it comes north east and Fife teams.

I only started following him on twitter that first January under Ogren so I wouldn't have seen anything before then.

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Or, more accurately, you've pulled it out of your arse.

Oh, last night it was all nice and fun and then one posters questions Tony and suddenly all the aggression is exploding from every pore. 

Jeezo. 

13 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It's funny reading peoples opinions of Steve McClaren and saying his win %age is this, he made an arse of this club and he only had x games there.

The guy may not have the best record on Earth but if he did hed be schooling wee Pep and the likes with his eyes closed at some European behemoth.

Look at the clubs hes been at. Hes managed the English national team. Hes won leagues with relative underdogs. Hes got huge experience working in top leagues around Europe. If he does come here it might go tits up for him like it has before, knowing us it will but if you're analysing his record then its miles better than any other in Scotland. And Malky? Hes not even close to Steve McClarens league.

Hes a top quality manager and better than chuffs like Gerrard and Lennon who have so much more money than the rest that a poorly trained monkey with their budget would have some Bigot arses twitching.

If he had gone to Celtic or The Zombies we'd all be saying that's a pretty good appointment for them.

If he ends up here itll be an enormously huge coop for the club and a massive pull for players who wouldn't normally think twice about coming here. I'd even be offering Shankland a cheeky 2 year extension during the honeymoon period!

He's not going to shag you, mishtergrolsch.