The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Players who played under Gary Locke at Raith all insist he was a great manager as well. Like McCann, the opinions of those with a personal relationship with him don't change the reality that he's a charlatan with no managerial ability whatsoever.

His biggest supporter is Paul McGowan. A player who openly admits he fucking hates the man to the point he sat at a POTY doo and called him 'an orange basturt'. 

MacGowan is a bit like McCann too, he wants certain standards set and if the technique fails you the least you can do is give 100% for the team. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He admitted he wants back to Scotland but knocked back a Hearts interview to replace Levein (Before Stendel) as he'd already accepted the Morecambe job. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/spfl/2112688/timing-everything-as-adams-eyes-a-return/

Has another 2 year on his contract:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50334089

He's always been a bit weird. In an interview with the BBC when we'd sacked McIntyre and the Killie job was also available he said: "They asked to speak to me, but I haven't spoken to Dundee and I'm not going to," he said. "For various reasons, I don't think it's the right move for me."    - Which should surely earn him brownie points with United fans.

He's always held a bit of a grudge against Dundee I've felt since the BBC Open All Mics microphones were a bit close to the dugouts in a Ross County vs Dundee game and it picked up Jocky Scott shouting to him, 'If you don't shut yer puss, I'll bang it fucking shut' and well, the Sean Higgins puss puncher promptly 'shut his puss'. Great times.

If he could build the 'them vs us' mentality he'd do very well but he's just as liable to fall out with everyone.

Great man, always thought he was the power behind the throne when he managed us alongside Alex Smith.

20 minutes ago, Aladdin said:
1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:
We should be looking at John Robertson. £60k release clause. 

I wouldn't have a problem with Robertson.

Yeah, I'd be happy with Robertson, certainly moreso than the other names mentioned so far.

28 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Great man, always thought he was the power behind the throne when he managed us alongside Alex Smith.

Indeed it was Jocky who got Smithy to shit the bed at Ibrox for the last day decider. Team had romped to the top of the league and then the Dundee twat stuck his oar in and got the system changed to play for the point.

Never forgave the moustached c**t for that.

Edited by Junior Pub League

1 minute ago, Junior Pub League said:

Indeed it was Jocky who got Smithy to shit the bed at Ibrox for the last day decider..

Never forgave the moustached c**t for that.

I always understood that our form dipped after Jocky Scott left.  I am relying on the memory & analysis of my 11 year old mind at that point in time.  What is the story behind it, as your recollection is clearly stronger than mine?

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Robertson is a likeable wee fkr, not a bad manager either. Deserves a shot at the big time. I would take him.

Robertson definitely seems a decent guy. I think I almost like him too much to subject him to being our manager.

Robertson definitely seems a decent guy. I think I almost like him too much to subject him to being our manager.
Yeah, there is that.

12 being interviewed according to The Record. Could literally be anybody.

Steve McLaren now being linked. [emoji54]

A manager like McLaren would excel in the Scottish Premier. Aye he's came away with some nonsense in the past but ffs look at the teams he's managed! 

Would genuinely be speechless if he was announced as United manager and fairly happy with it too.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Safranko coming back to Tannadice, signing next week on a 2 year deal. 

Is this serious or just something you have made up to get me very excited about and to then subsequently get very annoyed at when it doesn't happen?

On Mclaren, I too would be astonished if he was even close to being our manager but I would be very pleased given his experience. Certainly much more interesting than pretty much every other name talked about.