The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Ian Baraclough??? That would be the stupidest option possible for them to take.

BBC all but confirmed it.

So expect folk to put money on TW being United manager once its announced, him becoming favourite again, and everyone being convinced it's happening.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

BBC all but confirmed it.

So expect folk to put money on TW being United manager once its announced, him becoming favourite again, and everyone being convinced it's happening.

^^^^^^shitting it.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What's the script with Adams? Free to leave Morecambe? Surely you wouldn't be dishing out compo for him?

Dunno, but hope he’s tied up on a 3 year deal.

Funnily enough, he’s not on your poll on the other thread, but i’d take pretty much any of the others on there as opposed to this pillock.

ETA - you need to add Lehman to that poll!!! 

1 minute ago, MacArab said:

Dunno, but hope he’s tied up on a 3 year deal.

Funnily enough, he’s not on your poll on the other thread, but i’d take pretty much any of the others on there as opposed to this pillock.

ETA - you need to add Lehman to that poll!!! 

He admitted he wants back to Scotland but knocked back a Hearts interview to replace Levein (Before Stendel) as he'd already accepted the Morecambe job. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/spfl/2112688/timing-everything-as-adams-eyes-a-return/

Has another 2 year on his contract:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50334089

He's always been a bit weird. In an interview with the BBC when we'd sacked McIntyre and the Killie job was also available he said: "They asked to speak to me, but I haven't spoken to Dundee and I'm not going to," he said. "For various reasons, I don't think it's the right move for me."    - Which should surely earn him brownie points with United fans.

He's always held a bit of a grudge against Dundee I've felt since the BBC Open All Mics microphones were a bit close to the dugouts in a Ross County vs Dundee game and it picked up Jocky Scott shouting to him, 'If you don't shut yer puss, I'll bang it fucking shut' and well, the Sean Higgins puss puncher promptly 'shut his puss'. Great times.

If he could build the 'them vs us' mentality he'd do very well but he's just as liable to fall out with everyone.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He admitted he wants back to Scotland but knocked back a Hearts interview to replace Levein (Before Stendel) as he'd already accepted the Morecambe job. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/spfl/2112688/timing-everything-as-adams-eyes-a-return/

Has another 2 year on his contract:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50334089

He's always been a bit weird. In an interview with the BBC when we'd sacked McIntyre and the Killie job was also available he said: "They asked to speak to me, but I haven't spoken to Dundee and I'm not going to," he said. "For various reasons, I don't think it's the right move for me."    - Which should surely earn him brownie points with United fans.

He's always held a bit of a grudge against Dundee I've felt since the BBC Open All Mics microphones were a bit close to the dugouts in a Ross County vs Dundee game and it picked up Jocky Scott shouting to him, 'If you don't shut yer puss, I'll bang it fucking shut' and well, the Sean Higgins puss puncher promptly 'shut his puss'. Great times.

If he could build the 'them vs us' mentality he'd do very well but he's just as liable to fall out with everyone.

Every time I have heard him speak, I have felt that he has been utterly detached from reality, (kind of like watching any Trump interview or rally), and I couldn’t bear that again). It’d be right back to the Csaba days but in a far less forgiving league. 

I remember driving home from a game at Tannadice years back,  where we won 2-1 but had about 30 shots on goal to County’s 3, yet he said in his post match interview that County dominated the game and deserved to win. Even the County fans were embarrassed for him.

Get him and McKay in the fucking bin!!!

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd be very disappointed if it's Mackay.

Presumably if we appoint him, we are also looking at signing David Goodwillie, Joey Barton, and that Brazilian goalie that kidnapped and murdered his ex girlfriend

No foreigners allowed, mate.  And David is a kind of Jewish sounding name, so no dice there either.

Oh my, Malky McKay.  Think of it as taking one for the team, in terms of the national team situation, I suppose.  

Derek Adams is a top notch manager for about three seasons, and for as long as the players buy into what he’s doing on the training pitch - long hours, lots of drilling.  Certain players love him, certain players hate him.  Depends on how selfless they are.  And this is Scottish football, so...

17 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Players who played under him - the one whose opinion I'd much rather take - differ greatly from your own. 

Players who played under Gary Locke at Raith all insist he was a great manager as well. Like McCann, the opinions of those with a personal relationship with him don't change the reality that he's a charlatan with no managerial ability whatsoever.

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Derek Adams is a top notch manager for about three seasons, and for as long as the players buy into what he’s doing on the training pitch - long hours, lots of drilling.  Certain players love him, certain players hate him.  Depends on how selfless they are.  And this is Scottish football, so...

That seems to be the way of it with Adams. When you look at his record with Plymouth it's...fine? Until it wasn't - the wheels came off, he fell out with everyone and the fans went from fully buying into him to wanting him out.

5th place in L2, promotion the next season, missed out on the play-offs by 3 points then relegated.

1770988143_ScreenShot2020-06-27at10_31_50.thumb.png.32aca4f085838ab15f01af7e357bc76c.png

Still a massive oddball though.

Edited by capt_oats