The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Remember what he did last time we were after him?
He'll either be using the speculation to get a better deal or hell be laughing his head off at us on the highway to retirement.
Hes not said anything to the press because he dosent need to.
Being honest hes not the right guy for us tbh. Not with the setup we have.
I think he'd do a job, but I wouldn't hang about for him.

1 minute ago, Jock Tamson said:
3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:
Remember what he did last time we were after him?
He'll either be using the speculation to get a better deal or hell be laughing his head off at us on the highway to retirement.
Hes not said anything to the press because he dosent need to.
Being honest hes not the right guy for us tbh. Not with the setup we have.

I think he'd do a job, but I wouldn't hang about for him.

I'd guarantee he wouldn't work under a sporting director.

I think that's part of the reason he left the Fermers but I'm sure theyll correct me if I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
11 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:
I think that's part of the reason he left the Fermers but I'm sure theyll correct me if I'm wrong.

You'd guarantee? You're wasted in here.

👍

25 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

That's been 25 minutes now.

Is there an issue with the website?

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That's been 25 minutes now.

Is there an issue with the website?

Shhh. Its reverse psychology. If it works he'll be a great manager, if it dosent work then I'm right. Which is the most important bit 

14 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I cba going into all the details I know but aye what they've dropped so far into the club is pocket change for them in terms of overall investment.

That's fair enough - I thought you were being deliberately vague for comedy effect...

11 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I was under the impression the Ogrens wealth was only on the scale of circa £10m or so.

Here's hoping that's not the case - according to Steven Pressley's calculator his family will be broke in a year or two.

11 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

The sale of the oil company and its retail stores was $200 million plus.

Now we're talking - that's a serious amount of money.  I still hate the idea that we are entirely dependent on one person - and that person did not have any link to the club until the day he bought it - but reassuring to know the levels of wealth that his family has.

On 24/06/2020 at 00:24, MacArab said:

He is a decent prospect IMO.

He has had a few off field antics to answer for, and is decent enough as a  modern day attacking full back, albeit has rarely been tested against top flight opposition.

I think he has dramatically improved defensively and also from an attitude and maturity perspective, over the last year or so, and has increased his work rate and effort, to the extent that i’d be happy if he stayed at Tannadice for the coming season as an option for Left Back, but ideally as competition, as opposed to the main option.

Hope this answers your question.

£3m and he’s your’s though.😃

Was Robson the boy with the venoms whilst driving?

20 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

The sale of the oil company and its retail stores was $200 million plus. Ogren had several lucrative contracts and a whole load of smaller ones for supply deals etc. 

There was over 10 retail shops sold to a different company from the one that bought the oil supply but dunno if that's including in the figure. 

Obviously he's got other investments too, I'm sure he still owns a big mall in Florida? 

Where is that figure coming from?

Just from the snippets of articles I can find in the US, I don't get the impression that the business was nearly that lucrative, the sites with any sort of account data from that period seem to come back with revenues that are relatively low and any press reports on the sale of his stations suggested a cash transaction of something in the low millions. If he's taken in money into the hundreds of million for his contracts, he must have been trading in an astronomically massive amount of money to handle that risk, the business these contracts were listed as being sold to just appear to be a small affair and list row revenues.

His current software venture looks to me to be a small distributor with a few employees. If there's something which takes him up a scale to what is being suggested, it's all got to be hidden in property.

I've always been curious as I've always tried to track Keyes and it looks particularly difficult to get a real sense of wealth in the US. Much harder without companies house!

Ogren has always struck me as someone who's wealthy in assets, but not in terms of actual cash.

His apparently "star" gas station sold for just under $6m.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Where is that figure coming from?

Just from the snippets of articles I can find in the US, I don't get the impression that the business was nearly that lucrative, the sites with any sort of account data from that period seem to come back with revenues that are relatively low and any press reports on the sale of his stations suggested a cash transaction of something in the low millions. If he's taken in money into the hundreds of million for his contracts, he must have been trading in an astronomically massive amount of money to handle that risk, the business these contracts were listed as being sold to just appear to be a small affair and list row revenues.

His current software venture looks to me to be a small distributor with a few employees. If there's something which takes him up a scale to what is being suggested, it's all got to be hidden in property.

I've always been curious as I've always tried to track Keyes and it looks particularly difficult to get a real sense of wealth in the US. Much harder without companies house!

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ogren has always struck me as someone who's wealthy in assets, but not in terms of actual cash.

His apparently "star" gas station sold for just under $6m.

17 shops of around 3-6m each which account for what anywhere near 100m on their own which was the retail side of the business then you have 100m-ish for the other side of the business. 

@harry94 I'm sure it was on a bloomberg or business insider report I seen these figures plus a conversation with someone that works at United gave me the rest of the info. 

43 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

17 shops of around 3-6m each which account for what anywhere near 100m on their own which was the retail side of the business then you have 100m-ish for the other side of the business. 

@harry94 I'm sure it was on a bloomberg or business insider report I seen these figures plus a conversation with someone that works at United gave me the rest of the info. 

No where it states anything like that. A quick google search clearly states they were sold to 2 different companies for an undisclosed figure, he employed 120 people in total. Mr Ogren doesn’t appear to be the easiest of men to gather information on. 

Who would’ve thought that between the shell, jet and Morrison’s garage on the Forfar road that they’d be worth anything up to £15m 😂

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Now you've done it, you've summoned the Derry Accountants.

#PrayForArabianKnight

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I know, imagine thinking the petrol station with the wee dingy shop is worth between 3 & 6 million dollars each 😂

https://finance-commerce.com/2018/09/just-sold-ogren-selling-croix-oil-business-13-stations/

Mr Ogren sold his business, Croix Oil, at the end of September 2018. The second-generation company, which was started by Ogren’s parents in 1964, sold its 13 convenience stores, including the SuperAmerica gas station in Oak Park Heights, to Woodbury-based Northern Tier Retail, a subsidiary of Andeavor. D & M Oil  headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, is a subsidiary of Molo Petroleum, has purchased the business. In addition to its SuperAmerica convenience stores, Croix Oil also owned 10 Circle K stores.