The Dundee United Thread 22/23

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Maybe in terms of liquid cash but he owns a lot of stuff so his capital value is at least 20x that. 

Really?? Boy needs to get his finger out then. Tommy Wright my arse! I’m setting my sights a bit higher than that now! I’d Guardiola not meant to be unsettled if this European ban goes through for Man City? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

Talking of Man City, I think their owners have something like 10 different clubs in different countries.

I’m surprised they haven’t bought an SPFL club and ploughed some money in to beat the Old Firm to the league just for a laugh.

22 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Talking of Man City, I think their owners have something like 10 different clubs in different countries.

I’m surprised they haven’t bought an SPFL club and ploughed some money in to beat the Old Firm to the league just for a laugh.

If I ever had that sort of cash I'd buy United and plough in some serious cash and bring in some of the best coaches money could buy so that we were bringing through the best youth in the country.

I'd then buy The Rangers and Celtic and appoint my dog as manager of both and get them relegated and shut them down.

I'd pay my dogs contract up though. I'm not a monster.

19 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd then buy The Rangers and Celtic and appoint my dog as manager of both and get them relegated and shut them down.

I'd pay my dogs contract up though. I'm not a monster.

Your dog would still get Manager of the Year though. It’s got to go to one of the cheeks. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

1 hour ago, Junior_Arab said:

Really?? Boy needs to get his finger out then. Tommy Wright my arse! I’m setting my sights a bit higher than that now! I’d Guardiola not meant to be unsettled if this European ban goes through for Man City? 

I'm thinking Arsene Wenger.  His lack of trophies while keeping a brave and professional face would suit our ethos.

As much as St Johnstone fans would go into complete frothdown- with the NI interviews getting underway I can easily see Baraclough or Robinson getting the job ahead of Wright and Wright ultimately getting the United job. Danger of that is if Robinson gets the job then Motherwell will be fishing in the same managerial circles and be a bigger pull right now.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I suspect he might change his tune if he gets overlooked for the NI job.

Apparently not.

Tommy may well drum up some interest in his available services by stating that he's interested in the Dundee United job. He could be bookie's favourite until the very last second. But one thing's for sure: Tommy Wright will not be Dundee United manager. There's absolutely no chance. It's a bizarre notion.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently not.

Well, you clearly know more than you're letting on. Any source online?

He'd be daft not to (Unless Motherwell want him or he gets the NI job) as I can't see him pitching up at a bigger club than either of those.

Edited by Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Tommy may well drum up some interest in his available services by stating that he's interested in the Dundee United job. He could be bookie's favourite until the very last second. But one thing's for sure: Tommy Wright will not be Dundee United manager. There's absolutely no chance. It's a bizarre notion.

I said that a while ago. Hes not going to be our manager. Ever. Hes using the speculation to get a better deal out of wherever he goes.

It's as obvious as the day is long. 

He had the run of Perthshire for what he did at you lot. Hes not going to come work under Asghar and friends.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, you clearly know more than you're letting on. Any source online?

He'd be daft not to (Unless Motherwell want him or he gets the NI job) as I can't see him pitching up at a bigger club than either of those.

Who says he'll be managing a club again at all?

Hes previously quit a management role due to the stress of full time management, but got back into it as he felt he was too young to chuck it entirely. Hes now approaching his 60s, has admitted he missed living with his wife, and has been on a hefty salary for the past 6 years.

Does his quotes in the spoiler tag sound familiar?

Spoiler

"I did not take this decision lightly but I have become disillusioned with certain aspects of the game and perhaps have taken Ballymena as far as I could.

"I have some personal reasons too that mean the time is right to move on. I enjoyed my time at the club and I think we have made progress," said Wright.

"It would have been easy to resign when we were going badly at the start of the season or when Norwich invited me to join them as goalkeeping coach in January.

"But since the end of February I have become a bit disillusioned and maybe the fact that I have been full-time has worked against me.

"Perhaps I took on too much in terms of my work at the club and that has taken its toll on me. When it affects your personal life, it is time to call it a day.

"I am leaving behind a good squad of young players who I think can do well in this league."

Wright emphasised that he did not have another job in football lined up.

"I am going to relax and take a total break from football, there is no hidden agenda. I have nothing else lined up and it is the right decision for me, my family and Ballymena United."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7368981.stm

I said that a while ago. Hes not going to be our manager. Ever. Hes using the speculation to get a better deal out of wherever he goes.
He had the run of Perthshire for what he did at you lot. Hes not going to come work under Asghar and friends.
Why is he using us? In what way? Not seen 1 quote from him re the Utd job.

10 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
17 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Why is he using us? In what way? Not seen 1 quote from him re the Utd job.

Remember what he did last time we were after him?

He'll either be using the speculation to get a better deal or hell be laughing his head off at us on the highway to retirement.

Hes not said anything to the press because he dosent need to.

Being honest hes not the right guy for us. Not with the setup we have.

Edited by mishtergrolsch