The Dundee United Thread 22/23

If these infrastructure changes are a one-offs, wouldn't they be treated as capital – in other words they wouldn't go near the profit and loss accounts? Same with the loan. It's the gap between turnover and expenditure that would worry me.  It isn't sustainable and puts you at the whim of one guy with no emotional attachment to the club.

How very dare you. Mr Ogren now bleeds tangerine and black (which is medically worrying but shows his commitment to the cause).

24 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

If these infrastructure changes are a one-offs, wouldn't they be treated as capital – in other words they wouldn't go near the profit and loss accounts? Same with the loan. It's the gap between turnover and expenditure that would worry me.  It isn't sustainable and puts you at the whim of one guy with no emotional attachment to the club.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we are completely at the mercy of Mark Ogren and his commitment to the club, and were he to pull his support, it would be beyond disastrous. 

To be fair, he has put his money where his mouth is and as has backed the cub’s push with significant levels of his own cash, so assuming that Hearts don’t get their wicked way, hopefully he will reap his rewards with a more steady financial ship in the Premiership, and an academy that might make him some of his money back.*

*See Appere/Banks etc

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Still bitter after that failed trial all those years ago? Let it go pal, let it go.

We've been through this more times than I care to remember now, Tom. You know the story yet still continue to try and re-write it, it's saddening. 

It's good to see certain United fans can answer questions about their finances without just screaming "DuNdEe FaNs ThO!1"

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Id ask Steven Pressley. Clearly kens the finances of the Ogren regime.

On 22/06/2020 at 15:01, Yenitit said:

So the rumours of the zoom call, Ashgar on the verge of leaving and Shankland being actively touted to clubs are basically just rumours then? Time will tell...

Brilliant. 

your username alone tells me your life has been completely ruined by DUFC. 

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Steven Pressley's analysis seemed to be that Hearts are in a good position financially because they have wealthy benefactors but he fears for Dundee United because they made a loss last year which was because of a rich benefactor putting money in.

Not only that, he said the losses probably meant that United would mothball their academy, despite the fact that a significant amount of the money he was talking about was actually spent to get the academy up to Elite status. I can’t believe the BBC allowed somebody so uninformed to sit there spouting half baked pish and innuendo which basically is how rumours start. It really was “man in the pub” level analysis. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

3 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Not only that, he said the losses probably meant that United would mothball their academy, despite the fact that a significant amount of the money he was talking about was actually spent to get the academy up to Elite status. I can’t believe the BBC allowed somebody so uninformed to sit there spouting half baked pish and innuendo which basically is how rumours start. 

Really?? Have you been listening to Tom English for the last 3 months?

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

Not only that, he said the losses probably meant that United would mothball their academy, despite the fact that a significant amount of the money he was talking about was actually spent to get the academy up to Elite status. Just criminally uninformed to start spouting half baked pish and innuendo which basically is how rumours start. 

Rumours have already started.  One section on today's Sportsound was a character assassination of United's finances based on the above. 

5 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Rumours have already started.  One section on today's Sportsound was a character assassination of United's finances based on the above. 

Yeah I heard Tam ‘only my account is right’ Duthie On about it as if it was fact.

There is absolutely no doubt that Pressley is of the "thicker than f**k" ilk and shouldnt be allowed near any device that records or broadcasts his opinion. There are far too many people that listen to him, and other refused and refunded brain donors, and assume that as they are on radio or TV they are in the know. It's obvious why he cant find a club that fits his "needs".

What was almost worse than Pressley was that Levein, who youd expect would be slightly more mentally astute than Elvis the pillock, seemed to agree with everything Pressley said about our club and we have people who still want him as manager. I loved what he did for the club first time round and I'll alway have a soft spot for him first time round but hes not the manager he once was and even if he was, I'm not so sure hes the manager we need now.

I'd prefer the Baldy Shagger as manager over him.

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

Yeah I heard Tam ‘only my account is right’ Duthie On about it as if it was fact.

Tam Duthie is a fud. As is Pattullo. Both bitter Dees who use their position to put the boot into United at every opportunity. It's quite sad to see two supposedly educated grown men get into an absolute frenzy over their teams biggest rival.

12 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

There is absolutely no doubt that Pressley is of the "thicker than f**k" ilk and shouldnt be allowed near any device that records or broadcasts his opinion. There are far too many people that listen to him, and other refused and refunded brain donors, and assume that as they are on radio or TV they are in the know. It's obvious why he cant find a club that fits his "needs".

What was almost worse than Pressley was that Levein, who youd expect would be slightly more mentally astute than Elvis the pillock, seemed to agree with everything Pressley said about our club and we have people who still want him as manager. I loved what he did for the club first time round and I'll alway have a soft spot for him first time round but hes not the manager he once was and even if he was, I'm not so sure hes the manager we need now.

I'd prefer the Baldy Shagger as manager over him.

Is Pressley thick or just a narcissistic w**k? Either way, not worth worrying about.

Stephen Thompson was the Baldy Shagger, incidentally. I'm sure you're not advocating his return.

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Tam Duthie is a fud. As is Pattullo. Both bitter Dees who use their position to put the boot into United at every opportunity. It's quite sad to see two supposedly educated grown men get into an absolute frenzy over their teams biggest rival.

Duthie over compensates and always gives preference to United IMO. I'd be happy to agree he's just shite though.

Pattullo is a quality journalist and I can't remember the last time he's even mentioned United.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Is Pressley thick or just a narcissistic w**k? Either way, not worth worrying about.

Stephen Thompson was the Baldy Shagger, incidentally. I'm sure you're not advocating his return.

I always thought Houston was Baldy Shagger and Thompson was the Baldy Snake?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Duthie over compensates and always gives preference to United IMO. I'd be happy to agree he's just shite though.

Pattullo is a quality journalist and I can't remember the last time he's even mentioned United.

I'll leave this here then. It's from today.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/alan-pattullo-turmoil-dundee-united-2892052?fbclid=IwAR1Oc_hinE84iaC5uqsF2oSclAteqEmbr11erep1C4sjk0Jzw4OD_gZWxnw

He suggests fans are worried Hearts will buy Shankland.

Did he qualify from the Pressley school of Finance?

Edited by mishtergrolsch