The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Managing United is a pretty stress free job.

Stress was due to being a "Head Coach" and not a "Manager" as, according to him, we've started to move towards a form of Director of Football approach.

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Mind that time Neilson was Hearts manager?  It didn’t end well.  It’s an absolute basket case of an appointment for an absolute basket case of a club.  And it’s hilarious.  

I mean, I'm hardly a Neilson fan, but did it not end with him getting promotion at the first attempt, finishing 3rd in our first season up and then leaving us in 2nd place half way through his final season?

9 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I mean, I'm hardly a Neilson fan, but did it not end with him getting promotion at the first attempt, finishing 3rd in our first season up and then leaving us in 2nd place half way through his final season?

And being hounded out by the fans who hired planes to fly strange messages about him.

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

And being hounded out by the fans who hired planes to fly strange messages about him.

A plane hired by a handful of oddballs caused him to leave his job nine months later?

31 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Think Robbie Neilson knows his limits, and is happy to settle back into the Championship and his comfort zone.

Did he not get Hearts to a third place finish in the top league? 

27 minutes ago, DC92 said:

This is the whole point with Neilson. Even when successful he can’t get the fans on board due to his eye-bleeding brand of fitba.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Wonder if United with the compensation might now actually be able to afford Nisbet. 

It’ll be interesting to see if we keep bidding for him with no manager in place. I hope so.

And maybe Hearts will want him now.

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

This is the whole point with Neilson. Even when successful he can’t get the fans on board due to his eye-bleeding brand of fitba.

Funnily enough, that seems to be the consensus with United fans too. I’ve certainly not seen too much wailing & gnashing of teeth. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

The ensuing scenes if it was to be Wright would be fantastic. Tam would be oot his tree (hoose) offering Lorraine Kelly square go's and Radford would be deleting all your topics. 

Make it so, bro. 

I think she's the only woman I'd fight tbh.

f**k's sake, I did not see this coming. I really don't see what Hearts or Neilson get out of this but, y'know, whatever. Laterz Robbie. Did a perfectly competent job of making the team solid and that was enough to piss the Championship but really didn't pull up any trees. It would have been mean to punt him but if he wants to walk and we get actual money for him then that's a very nice result. Cheers Budgie.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

For hearts it is endemic, spending cash you dont actually generate is your USP, its why you went into admin.

Can't think of any other examples in Scottish football, right enough. USP it is.

39 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Hearts were absolutely brilliant to watch during the Championship-winning season...

This is fucking hilarious btw.

Think you boys have dodged a massive fucking bullet here. You won the championship despite Neilson, not because of him. If you get Mr Staunch in as manager now, who seems the obvious choice, then you should feel very pleased with yourselves. As for Hearts, I literally have no idea what you're up to. Baffling decision. Good news for Dundee and ICT.