Twinkle

Dundee United 20/21 thread

8 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Not sure about cathro like.  I would love for him to prove me wrong but wasn't he a disaster at hearts? 

He was brilliant at Hearts.

He'd be excellent at United IMO.

13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Calling it now. Micky will be away in the summer and McInnes in. 

I suspect McInnes will have far greater ambitions than Dundee United. 

8 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Not sure about cathro like.  I would love for him to prove me wrong but wasn't he a disaster at hearts? 

If we were appointing a first team coach or a head of youth then he’d be first name on my list. As a manager though he’d be near the bottom. 

40 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I suspect McInnes will have far greater ambitions than Dundee United. 

If we were appointing a first team coach or a head of youth then he’d be first name on my list. As a manager though he’d be near the bottom. 

I'd have Cathro nowhere near the first team as a manager or Head Coach. As an academy manager or assistant manager then yes I probably would say yes.

But neither of those will happen because he's probably on half a bazillion more than what we could dream of paying him. Even during the time when we were even more of a financial basket case.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd have Cathro nowhere near the first team as a manager or Head Coach. As an academy manager or assistant manager then yes I probably would say yes.

But neither of those will happen because he's probably on half a bazillion more than what we could dream of paying him. Even during the time when we were even more of a financial basket case.

Absolutely, that was just blue sky thinking. If he were even remotely interested in roles like those he would get way better offers than we could put to him. Only chance he would come to the club would be as a manager if he still had ambitions to make a name for himself in that role. And I wouldn’t want him as manager.  

17 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can see Mellon going and with probably a little more goodwill than Neilson went with, but not much.

Neilson was a bellend. Micky has done nothing much to piss anybody off - in fact if we finish 7th he's done a cracking job!

That said, I don't share any fears that he'll be offski.

He left a decent gig at Tranmere to come back to Scotland. Are Doncaster really that much bigger a draw than Tranmere? Barely, I would suggest.

I much prefer Mellon to Neilson as well. 

Likeable guy and he has got our squad punching above they're weight. Would quite like to see what he can do with a decent summer behind him.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

I am nowhere near as enthralled with Mellon as some of you clearly are, so if he goes I'm not bothered.

Honestly think he's overrated on this forum to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I am nowhere near as enthralled with Mellon as some of you clearly are, so if he goes I'm not bothered.

Honestly think he's overrated on this forum to be honest.

^^^

Regular Eastfootball poster identified

9 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

^^^

Yeah, EF makes for interesting reading on Mellon.

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

^^^

Showing my age here maybe but I don't even know what is!

19 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Eastfootball.co.uk. A United forum 

Edited by kdyteejay

3 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I much prefer Mellon to Neilson as well. 

Likeable guy and he has got our squad punching above they're weight. Would quite like to see what he can do with a decent summer behind him.

I don’t get this ‘logic’.  Mellon has other options now that he refuses to use.  He played some decent attacking games early in the season that we won then reverted to his eye bleed inducing Mellonesque style.

If he stays then fair enough but I won’t shed tears if he goes.  All that said if the choice was Mellon or Neilson I’d take Mellon all day long.

18 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Eastfootball.co.uk. A United forum 

Are United supporters still basically the only support that use that site? Last time I looked in it was deserted bar a few (nutcase) United fans. 

2 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Yeah, EF makes for interesting reading on Mellon.

Its terrifying reading at times. 

2 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

It's a United forum and its basically populated mostly by raging nut jobs and people who still think its the 1980s. Some normal folk on there but they seem to he muffled by the fruitcakes. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are United supporters still basically the only support that use that site? Last time I looked in it was deserted bar a few (nutcase) United fans. 

Aye, more or less. Also full o boys in the know wha type oary and ahing. And its no even fur a joke.

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Aye, more or less. Also full o boys in the know wha type oary and ahing.

G_Man posts on East Football?! 

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Last time I looked in it was deserted bar a few (nutcase) United fans. 

An unnecessary qualification there IMO.