The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

2x Home 3x Away. 

As always. Do we ever get post split fixtures that favour us. Can't mind the stats but it seems we never get 3x home. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6795/POST-SPLIT-FIXTURES-CONFIRMED.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

To be fair that gives us 19 home and away, which is fair. Less fair is that we have to play on that awful styrofoam pitch for a third time this season.

6 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

To be fair that gives us 19 home and away, which is fair. Less fair is that we have to play on that awful styrofoam pitch for a third time this season.

I think calling it Styrofoam is giving that pitch too much credit.

Id rather play on the old pink blaze type shite the Dick McTaggart had in the late 80s early 90s. Was like playing football on a pink Balmullo chipped drive way. The ball probably bounced more naturally too.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Full of admiration for you attempting to communicate with @AmericanFan in his own tongue. 

It's blatantly obvious AmericanFan is either Mark or Scott Ogren.

Its not working, AmericanFan, we've sussed you out. Get your (or your dads) chequebook out and get a good winger and sir Shankland signed up for another 2 years.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

30 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

2x Home 3x Away. 

As always. Do we ever get post split fixtures that favour us. Can't mind the stats but it seems we never get 3x home. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6795/POST-SPLIT-FIXTURES-CONFIRMED.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

In all 17 years that Dundee United have been in the top flight while it has had a split, you have had 19 homes and 19 aways. If you never get 3x home after the split, then that means you must consistently get 17 homes and 16 aways before the split.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

In all 17 years that Dundee United have been in the top flight while it has had a split, you have had 19 homes and 19 aways. If you never get 3x home after the split, then that means you must consistently get 17 homes and 16 aways before the split.

Fair enough. False grievance then 🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fair enough. False grievance then

I don't think it's a false grievance, in terms of the overall system. Every season half the teams get the advantage of one more home game to secure their position prior to the split, which in a league system is unbalanced.

And in a fair league, each team plays each other home and away, that never happens in the Scottish Premiership.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Fair enough.

My grievance is that we will end up playing on both your shite pitch, as well as that of Accies for the third time this season. That’s shite luck.

Or some kind of deep Anti-Arab Agenda....😉

Dundee United FC is pleased to announce the formation of a strategic partnership with Northern Virginia United FC in the United States. The NVUFC first team participates in the National Premier Soccer League and United Premier Soccer League, while their Academy will begin play in the USL Super Y League.  

The American club are owned by Dundee United Hall of Fame legend Brian Welsh and the exciting partnership will see both clubs share development, operational and talent ID processes. 

The partnership will allow the clubs to share visions and best practice and allow Our Academy players the opportunity to experience new environments and a different culture to enhance their development while also offering NVUFC players the opportunity to experience being part of the Elite-level Our Academy. 

As part of the partnership, NVUFC will undergo a rebrand that incorporates the Tannadice clubs famous tangerine colour and logo brand assets within their improved visual identity. 

Dundee United’s Sporting Director Tony Asghar said, “This is an exciting partnership that will benefit our Club with shared learning and cultural concepts alongside the opportunity to open other networks and opportunities for the Club as we grow alliances across the world. Working with Brian who is a DUFC Hall of Fame icon is fantastic as he has knowledge of our way of doing things and is an example of the type of player and people developed at United.” 

Northern Virginia United’s owner Brian Welsh said, “This is an incredible opportunity for us to partner with Dundee United. I know the history, traditions and more importantly the innovative and modern values and beliefs that have developed the Academy at United into the elite professional player development brand that it is now reputable for. We are a progressive and innovative club but we can learn a lot from the staff at Dundee United. This presents a fabulous opportunity for our young talent to step into the European arena through the Dundee United pathway. Likewise, I look forward to working and helping develop future generations of United players by sharing our expertise, environment and culture to improve them as people as well as players.” 

The partnership has already activated with key personnel meeting digitally and engaging in working groups. 

Footnote: Brian played 177 times for Dundee United as a centre-half scoring 14 goals including memorable strikes in the Club’s route to Scottish Cup glory in 1994 and a vital stoppage-time equaliser that helped secure the Club’s return to the Premier League in 1996. He moved to the United States in 2012 and since 2018 has been the owner of Northern Virginia United FC. In 2019, he formed the non-profit Northern Virginia United FC Academy that has teams from u11 up to u19 and plays in the Super Y League.  
Edited by Gibby82

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fans don't seem happy under the season ticket announcement. Something about credit?

I'd guess this the bite back of the moronic promise some clubs made that any game missed on your 20/21 season ticket would be refunded against your 21/22 season ticket.

Effectively every current United season ticket holder should be getting next seasons free.

No shock clubs are now trying to weasel their way out of it. Intrigued to see how Motherwell go about it too.

Don't know the exact financials for everyone but I can buy a super early bird in March/April for 279 - 40 quid cheaper than last year. May I can pay 350 or after June 460.

If I want to use my credits from last year 323 worth, I can't use it until June against June prices so 127.

People seem to be pissed off that ticket will cost 127 instead of 38. But more than that that if they wait until June their seats won't be guaranteed.

Personally I think the June price is still excellent value but a bit underhand how it has been done

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd guess this the bite back of the moronic promise some clubs made that any game missed on your 20/21 season ticket would be refunded against your 21/22 season ticket.

Effectively every current United season ticket holder should be getting next seasons free.

No shock clubs are now trying to weasel their way out of it. Intrigued to see how Motherwell go about it too.

Presumably Tom English will declare it a prudent move from Motherwell and only to be expected given the circumstances. 

With United however I suspect he’ll decide it’s yet more evidence that the club is fucked financially, and that such a move will have the fans and probably the players too in open revolt kind of like he did with the wage reductions and deferrals.