The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Are there any rumours of projected losses from your lot being banded around as of yet? 

I seen one of the 100,000 employees at Tannadice going to the press saying they're expecting them to be published soon and they won't make good reading but I'm a bit confused as to how the fans not being allowed in would have seen it be break even as he also claims, tbh. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are there any rumours of projected losses from your lot being banded around as of yet? 

I seen one of the 100,000 employees at Tannadice going to the press saying they're expecting them to be published soon and they won't make good reading but I'm a bit confused as to how the fans not being allowed in would have seen it be break even as he also claims, tbh. 

I thought thats what you Dundee fans are supposed to know?

You lot are fucking useless!!

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Every club is going to be making big losses for 2019-20 and 2020-21. Think there's an argument that United's run to the title last season would have had 8-10k through the gate for every home game, plus corporate. Same could be said of Dundee missing out on Playoff matches last season and a Derby.

Apparently Aberdeen's Matchday revenue is down 82% on last season, the corporate hospitality was a massive money maker for clubs, I think they said that Hearts make £3m a season from it. 

Really surprised that United haven't taken the £1.7m interest-free, 20 year loan from the Government. Would be a bizarre decision not to. I would expect United to cash-in on Shanks and Benji in the summer whilst we still can.

Edited by ArabAuslander

There doesn’t seem to be a match thread for Sunday’s match. In my mind Rangers have won the league at least a couple of times in recent memory (for me that means around 40 years) at Tannadice. Is this right given that it will probably happen again this weekend?

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

There doesn’t seem to be a match thread for Sunday’s match. In my mind Rangers have won the league at least a couple of times in recent memory (for me that means around 40 years) at Tannadice. Is this right given that it will probably happen again this weekend?

If Celtic chuck the match as it seems likely they will to prevent their rivals winning it at their ground. 

29 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

If Celtic chuck the match as it seems likely they will to prevent their rivals winning it at their ground. 

Not so sure about that. My thought would be that Celtic would do everything to win against United, and then beat Rangers at Celtic Park to stop them winning the league at their place and keep it going into the first game after the spilt. It’s up to United to stop that happening.

16 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Let's hope they bottle this game like they have bottled the season.

If not, its business as usual in these games.

I’m expecting us to get nothing as usual from this. If we get anything I’ll be delighted.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Other results today not great for us.

True, we need to win both our games to make top 6, while hoping that the Maureens shit it against Accies. Accies seem to have started their annual escape though. St Mirren are also 7 goals ahead of us, so even if we win both, it's even more unlikely we'd pump Celtic AND Aberdeen by enough if they draw with Accies.

A 10 point lead over Killie should be enough at this stage, given they seem even more inclined to chuck goals and points away than we do. I still have a bit of play-off fear if I'm honest.

A 0-0 draw at home to Celtic would have had me pretty happy normally.  Feels like 2 points dropped though.

Thats got to be one of the worst Celtic teams and performances I've ever seen. Saying that, they could have won 4-0 with the amount of shots they had.

Fuchs was really good.

Harkes was, well, Harkes.

Pawlett was decent when he came on.

Aperre was also pretty good.

McNulty was never offsiflde.

Beat the Sheep at home and its been a decent points haul over the last wee while.