The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Utd don’t seem heartbroken by this.  Although they initially wanted to keep him it didn’t seem to take long to get the deal done.  Wonder if Hearts have followed their MO and overpaid to get him.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He strung you along to get a better deal with Saints.

I'd say the chances of him joining United just now are slim. He left us due to stress and wanting to spend time with his family, and its likely he'd only walk away from that for the NI job, which has been his career goal.

Never know your luck. 

What a total clusterfuck of a time this has been. 

Just now, Sir Peh McBridie said:

Never know your luck. 

As I say, theres absolutely zero chance he joins any club with the Northern Ireland job is still a possibility. 

Never rated Jobbie tbh.  Levein was the real manager during his Hearts tenure which says a lot given how rotten Levein was. Booted out of MK Dons and trounced by LIvi a side with a budget akin to a boys scout troop, in first season at United. Well rid imo. And Budge couldn't pin a tail on a donkey.

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Never rated Jobbie tbh.  Levein was the real manager during his Hearts tenure which says a lot given how rotten Levein was. Booted out of MK Dons and trounced by LIvi a side with a budget akin to a boys scout troop, in first season at United. Well rid imo. And Budge couldn't pin a tail on a donkey.

You'll get splinters in your arse sitting on the fence like that

Any indication why Neilson would leave for that basket case of a club? Has he had a falling out with anyone? I heard Asghar is a c##t just wondering what could have prompted such a mental decision, wanting to return to a club whose fans couldn't wait to get rid of him and who is a Hibs legend..

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He strung you along to get a better deal with Saints.

I'd say the chances of him joining United just now are slim. He left us due to stress and wanting to spend time with his family, and its likely he'd only walk away from that for the NI job, which has been his career goal.

Foster & O'Neill will be hard to shift, imho.

1 minute ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Any indication why Neilson would leave for that basket case of a club? Has he had a falling out with anyone? I heard Asghar is a c##t just wondering what could have prompted such a mental decision, wanting to return to a club whose fans couldn't wait to get rid of him and who is a Hibs legend..

It was obviously in the best interests of the whole of Scottish football. Ann wouldn't have it any other way.