The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Cammy Smith away.

Never really did much in the two spells.

Good luck to him. Unless he goes to Dundee. Which wouldn't surprise me.

The highlight of his United career for me was a game away to Ayr in a howling gale, where we went 1-0 down after about 5 mins, and hummed and hawed for the entire game.

A fellow travelling Arab shouted one of my all time favourite pieces of instruction - "C'mon Cammy Smith - just dae... something". He failed to follow this advice.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The highlight of his United career for me was a game away to Ayr in a howling gale, where we went 1-0 down after about 5 mins, and hummed and hawed for the entire game.

A fellow travelling Arab shouted one of my all time favourite pieces of instruction - "C'mon Cammy Smith - just dae... something". He failed to follow this advice.

To be fair, that's a more sophisticated tactical instruction than a couple of recent United managers would have been capable of

2 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Already signed for Ayr.

Ach well, hopefully he'll make a name for himself down there.

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Was that Ray or Robbie?

Here's a club employee being published by the official club account using an unattributed and uncited line about fans committing suicide to justify the ridiculous push to get fans back in before Christmas.

Might carry a bit more weight if same club employee hadn't done stuff like this whilst fans were locked at home last year 

EVq1dzPX0AEM0kB.jpg

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Here's a club employee being published by the official club account using an unattributed and uncited line about fans committing suicide to justify the ridiculous push to get fans back in before Christmas.

Might carry a bit more weight if same club employee hadn't done stuff like this whilst fans were locked at home last year 

EVq1dzPX0AEM0kB.jpg

Thats fairly poor stuff from Tony.

Using mental health as an excuse to get fans back in during a global pandemic is daft. 

I'd imagine the stress and anxiety caused by being around hundreds of people for nearly a couple of hours, people who could potentially pass Covid around, for the first time in a year would surely be worse than not getting into the ground for somebody that unwell?

17 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

That does seem a bit crass from Tony.

is there anything else of interest in the full interview?

I don't think I could bear watching the whole thing going by the snippets that are dripping out.

Watched the whole thing and the comment around mental health wasnt bad in my eyes in the context of what they were talking about. Just not sure why the club has chosen that as the snippet to tempt fans in.

Thought the whole interview was excellent.

Edited by Sieb97

I don't doubt for a second more people are lonely, isolated and depressed due to COVID.

The answer to that is to drive down community transmission and open back up when we can. Not continue with a Let fans in campaign in December as it was announced the entire mainland was going Tier 4.

As for being confident they could manage the risk safely, it's only a few weeks since we had the tea lady in the dugout v Livingstone because we had a whole raft of close contacts to positive cases.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If we fail to beat the Maureens on Wednesday, our title bid is over.

Micky better not be playing 5 at the back

You could play one at the back and we would struggle to score.

8 hours ago, Sieb97 said:

Watched the whole thing and the comment around mental health wasnt bad in my eyes in the context of what they were talking about. Just not sure why the club has chosen that as the snippet to tempt fans in.

Thought the whole interview was excellent.

Agree with you: a section of the support have a downer on Tony Asghar, and appear happy to disagree or complain about anything he appears to do or say. I don't think the posters here are anywhere as abrasive about the club and Asghar in particular as they are on club specific boards, but he's doing a difficult job in an arduous season, and I'm glad for obvious reasons that we aren't at the bottom of the table, and are holding up reasonably well with a squad which is basically the same personnel as last season.