The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Hearts wage to turnover ratio was reported to be 51% in the same report, so clearly you have no idea what you're talking about either.

Oh aye, 51% when Anderson and FoH £10m million donation is taken into account.

Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

p.s. I know exactly what I am talking about - it is that Hearts would be several million pounds in the red every year without the begging bowl.

So you can hardly criticise Dundee Utd for spending to get out of the seasides..............mind you, thats exactly what you will be doing next year.

Crazy to think that this will be only the second time (in living memory) that United have had a manager pinched.

The first time there was tears aplenty - this time just shrugs of the shoulders.

Bring back the tearjerker!

Some balls from Hearts.

Two days ago they're sending a letter to United saying they're taking them to court and they want their place in the top flight.

Today, they phone up Ogren to ask permission to speak to their manager, Ogren rolls over and has his belly tickled and Hearts bring Neilson back to Tynecastle before supper.

Outstanding scenes.

Anyway, I'll get the latest poll up once it's official.

Just now, Green Day said:

Oh aye, 51% when Anderson and FoH £10m million donation is taken into account.

Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

p.s. I know exactly what I am talking about - it is that Hearts would be several million pounds in the red every year without the begging bowl.

So you can hardly criticise Dundee Utd for spending to get out of the seasides..............mind you, thats exactly what you will be doing next year.

I'm not criticising Dundee United, I was pointing out the irony of a you calling Dundee United a "well run club" while constantly criticising Hearts' "over spending". You've since completely proven my point by reeling off the usual clichés about benefactors and FoH.  :lol:

You don't seem to be able to distinguish between "over spending" and "having a large amount of money to spend" either, but that's by the by. This is now a thread about us pinching Dundee United's slightly underwhelming but fairly solid manager in amusing circumstances, so maybe we should get it back on topic.

Not bothered in the slightest about this, although I don't bear Robbie any ill will, I'm not fussed if he goes. 

Main priority will be getting a decent manager in which in the current circumstances could end up being really difficult or land us someone we would never otherwise have been able to get! 

Edited by ArabianKnight

6 figure compo fee being dished around. Not bad for a club who have cut everyones wages. Im not Neilsons biggest fan (understatement) but if he goes and we get a healthy fee that could be used to get Nisbet in, then i wont be shedding many tears. We need to make sure his replacement is decent though

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

I'm not criticising Dundee United, I was pointing out the irony of a you calling Dundee United a "well run club" while constantly criticising Hearts' "over spending".

Its not ironic, its factual.

For Dundee Utd it was a short term necessity to get out the Championship, and they will sell Shankland at some point for a lot of cash.

For hearts it is endemic, spending cash you dont actually generate is your USP, its why you went into admin.

2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Quite funny really. Scottish Football is aff its nut. Pretty much nonplussed by this. Was never entirely convinced by Neilson, and suspect that’ll be the mood amongst most United fans. Hopefully he takes Pawlett Shankland with him.

ftfy mate.

4 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Quite funny really. Scottish Football is aff its nut. Pretty much nonplussed by this. Was never entirely convinced by Neilson, and suspect that’ll be the mood amongst most United fans. Hopefully he takes Pawlett with him.

Omg don't tease me like that. Pawlett AND King would be ideal. 

Just now, Green Day said:

For Dundee Utd it was a short term necessity to get out the Championship, and they will sell Shankland at some point for a lot of cash.

They've been haemorrhaging cash for about 15 years (bar two windows), like the rest of Scottish football. 

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As much as Arabs have never unified behind him, he seems to have a knack for strolling the Championship which is a bit of a pisser for us.

Who next for United?

Great managerial prowess with the highest budget in the league