The Dundee United Thread 22/23

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've heard similar actually about King. As much as he's apparently happy stealing a wage after the wage cut he's been in the huff and getting cold shouldered out the club. 

Who'd have thought that Billy would turn out to be the hard man of the family.

I don't really see what the problem is. The club just has to give new signings 80% of the wages they would have offered them a few months ago.

Jackson Irvine looks to be a good signing if it all goes through. I would also like a more combative midfielder if Fuchs is out for any length of time.

Let Butcher go to Hearts. 

9 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

The players money is deferred anyway. 

Where did you see this?

I was sure I read the whole reason for the ongoing discussions and involving the PFA was it was a straight 20% cut until the seasons end?

Only thing I can see as an update is Mellon confirming him and his staff have dropped the 20% but the players are still in negotiations. 

Stuart Armstrong signing a new three and a half year deal with Southampton.

Delighted that he seems to have finally settled there and beginning to show what he can do. I’ve always said that he, in my opinion, was the most complete of all the players in that 2-3 year spell of us having some outrageous talent at the club.

Still hasn’t quite replicated his form at Scotland level.

1 hour ago, Loemba90 said:

Bid submitted for Robert from airdrie according to other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 23:35, Dundee Hibernian said:

The club strategy appears to be reliant on getting through this season in 10th or above, then progressively blooding these young players into the first team squad. A risky policy, but one that I'd indulge rather than the club trying to find diamond within the rough, Thomas Robert excluded.

Get with the programme, baby.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where did you see this?

I was sure I read the whole reason for the ongoing discussions and involving the PFA was it was a straight 20% cut until the seasons end?

Only thing I can see as an update is Mellon confirming him and his staff have dropped the 20% but the players are still in negotiations. 

I just heard that the initial stumbling block was they wanted it deferred. When I read it was sorted I assumed this was agreed to. 

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Stuart Armstrong signing a new three and a half year deal with Southampton.

Delighted that he seems to have finally settled there and beginning to show what he can do. I’ve always said that he, in my opinion, was the most complete of all the players in that 2-3 year spell of us having some outrageous talent at the club.

Still hasn’t quite replicated his form at Scotland level.

Best hair by a considerable distance too

16 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I'm hoping there's a DFC-United matchup in the Scottish Cup. The level of trash talk on here would be at epic levels.

A few posters aside it's usually just a massive Beto Naveda love in, tbh. 

22 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I don't really see what the problem is. The club just has to give new signings 80% of the wages they would have offered them a few months ago.

Jackson Irvine looks to be a good signing if it all goes through. I would also like a more combative midfielder if Fuchs is out for any length of time.

Let Butcher go to Hearts. 

You don't see the problem in asking players to take a pay cut and then using some of that money to bring in someone else? Bonkers!

80% of the money we would've offered? 🤣

That said, if we can bring in Jackson Irvine, f**k em!

Edited by ArabFC