The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 26/12/2020 at 23:32, Twinkle said:

Its a very tough evening being a United fan. I doubt there will be many who arent extremely upset or having a hard time given the messages and videos that are being posted today. It shows the sort of mark that the man has set on the city and the country as a whole in a football sense. Cant hide how devastated i am

Totally agree. I must admit my eyes totally welled up when I read the news. Last time I did that was when my own dad died a few years ago.

Rumour is that Benji is going after the Dons game, according to Twitter so probably gash.

Think we'll be fine with Deniz but should look at Willie Muir from Queens Park to sign as a #2. Would also like to Mochrie be recalled if Fuchs is out.

Spoiler

Google has him at a sprightly 143 years old image.thumb.png.b23a7592f22764d9cd799288d2f313b0.png

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Apart from Cammy Smith who's out of contract in Jan? 

Diego Costa

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Fuchs out for 4-6 weeks. Fuchs sake.

Normally I would've said - actually, that might not be the worst thing, having shown what he can do then having to play without him would cement the view that the rest of our midfield aren't up to it and therefore we desperately need to bring in another midfielder and punt the dross.

Then I remembered, we've got no money!

ps - Powers and King must go down as two of our worst signings ever, right? Utterly pointless.

51 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Normally I would've said - actually, that might not be the worst thing, having shown what he can do then having to play without him would cement the view that the rest of our midfield aren't up to it and therefore we desperately need to bring in another midfielder and punt the dross.

Then I remembered, we've got no money!

ps - Powers and King must go down as two of our worst signings ever, right? Utterly pointless.

Are you just forgetting the summer of 2015 happened?

46 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I really wouldn't expect much action over this window folks. Either ins or outs. Maybe 1 out and 1 in. 

I wouldn't expect ANY incomings.

Thanks for taking that paycut lads - say hello to the new guy!

2 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Heard king is unhappy with the wage cut and is mulling over a high paying gig across the road.

They desperatley need someone to pull the strings in midfield since its been discovered charlie adam is over the hill in his 41st year.

18243649_BobandPaul.jpg.7fa8e0d3a37d3621bede6f19005a68ba.jpg     Happy New Year to you all tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Might be a hard sell with the players but f**k it, we need to strengthen the midfield.

I wouldn’t be impressed if I was a player at a club that did that, but some clubs have got away with it. Aberdeen imposed wage cuts then signed Johnny Hayes. Hibs did likewise then spent a few hundred grand on Nisbet. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

Happy New Year to all. It’s strange to think that 2020 as a calendar year was actually really positive for us in terms of gaining promotion (finally). There’s been so, so much shite apart from that it is easy to forget.

Anyway, all the very best for 2021. Fingers crossed we can have some normality return soon.

13 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Heard king is unhappy with the wage cut and is mulling over a high paying gig across the road.

They desperatley need someone to pull the strings in midfield since its been discovered charlie adam is over the hill in his 41st year.

Hope this is true!