The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm not sure the football's shite so much as incredibly dull and negative and painful to watch. The Johnnies have been getting away with that shit for years.

Shite, dull, negative, its all the same.

Its like arguing if a Jamie Robson cross is better or worse than a Paul Mcmullan cross. One is going out the stadium and the other isn't beating the first man if it happens at all. Neither is of any use.

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

On a more pragmatic level, the sale of Shankland at the end of the season after a decent goal tally must have been seen as a way of mitigating the losses that Ogren has sustained.

This style of play does nothing to allow Shankland to do what he’s capable of doing thereby minimising his saleable value and severely limiting the lad’s future.

Shankland is our one out and out strength.

Even if the manager wanted to go balls out attacking, who's supplying Shankland with regular quality chances?

Nae c**t.

8 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Shite, dull, negative, its all the same.

Its like arguing if a Jamie Robson cross is better or worse than a Paul Mcmullan cross. One is going out the stadium and the other isn't beating the first man if it happens at all. Neither is of any use.

I think you're missing the point, tbf.

6 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Livingston charging £20 PPV for the game on Saturday.

I think I'll probably pass on that one.

Didn’t pay for the St Johnstone game when they were charging daft prices and won’t pay for this one either.

highlights on bbc at 7:30 will do this week

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

How often have you watched our matches this season (full matches, not highlights)?

What percentage of these matches have you enjoyed watching?

I've enjoyed no matches (zero percent) all the way through, but have appreciated spells of certain games, and think the vast majority of fans of most Scottish clubs will feel exactly the same. 

It's a hard season for all the clubs which don't have a source to milk large unrecoverable funds. Of primary importance is staying afloat and in the Scottish Premiership.

37 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I've enjoyed no matches (zero percent) all the way through, but have appreciated spells of certain games, and think the vast majority of fans of most Scottish clubs will feel exactly the same. 

It's a hard season for all the clubs which don't have a source to milk large unrecoverable funds. Of primary importance is staying afloat and in the Scottish Premiership.

The game against Hamilton, a team that has been awful. 

We started with five at the back, it was dreadful football, we were horrible to watch and we conceded a goal.

We changed to four at the back, it was far better football, it was enjoyable to watch and we scored two goals.

Horrible negative football doesn’t necessarily equate to the better results in every game.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The game against Hamilton, a team that has been awful. 

We started with five at the back, it was dreadful football, we were horrible to watch and we conceded a goal.

We changed to four at the back, it was far better football, it was enjoyable to watch and we scored two goals.

Horrible negative football doesn’t necessarily equate to the better results in every game.

I agree. But neither of us are football managers, nor are we held responsible if the club falls on hard times.

15 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I agree. But neither of us are football managers, nor are we held responsible if the club falls on hard times.

By that ‘logic’ we should just stop posting our thoughts on here.

Nah, your ok. Think i will watch the game free although given some of our recent performances, id still feel ripped off

On 30/11/2020 at 20:34, RossBFaeDundee said:

How can you say that, have you not seen all their various stats that tell you why that shouldn't be the case?

If you're expecting to me claim we weren't a side who prioritised defending, then you're a fair bit wide of the mark.

Folk seem to create things I've said in their head then get raging about it, despite me never actually saying these things.

9 hours ago, Twinkle said:
On 01/12/2020 at 10:13, Szamo said:

Nah, your ok. Think i will watch the game free although given some of our recent performances, id still feel ripped off

How will you manage to do that? 🤔

9 hours ago, Twinkle said:
On 01/12/2020 at 10:13, Szamo said: