The Dundee United Thread 22/23

14 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd genuinely love that. Someone who can actually control and pass the ball. 

Imagine having a defender whose idea of a pass from defence wasn't blootering the ball out for a throw in or straight to the opposition goalkeeper.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm almost certain you all must be kidding on about Moshni. He was an irresponsible defender who had as many poor games in his short career at Tannadice as decent. Same with Ralston, who is sometimes held in high regard. Good going forward, not so acceptable as a defender. 

Mohsni. Lack of attention to detail.

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

True, Big Beelell was detailed to defend, but often didn't.

To be fair that accusation could be levelled at all of our current defenders. At least Beelellio Moshneë was up the park pure skinning boys for fun and not just incapable of defending and having brain farts at critical moments.

BHH (bring him home)

Edited by mishtergrolsch

9 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Same with Ralston, who is sometimes held in high regard. Good going forward, not so acceptable as a defender. 

This is weird, as Ralston was atrocious going forward for us, but ended up solid defensively. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is weird, as Ralston was atrocious going forward for us, but ended up solid defensively. 

Ralston was the best right back we had during the banter years until Smith. Which isn't saying much considering the bloke before him was a centre midfielder that went to East Fife or something after us.

But he was decent going forwards and average defensive imo.

This was in one of, if not the worst United team I've seen in my life while competing in the Fundesliga.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm almost certain you all must be kidding on about Moshni. He was an irresponsible defender who had as many poor games in his short career at Tannadice as decent. Same with Ralston, who is sometimes held in high regard. Good going forward, not so acceptable as a defender. 

Sounds like a God in comparison to the current mob!

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
15 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:
Untrue 

Well, aye. We've lost two goals in our last seven games, so I am not sure what people expect.

And fifteen in the seven games before that.  Picking a random number of games might not be the best approach.

And fifteen in the seven games before that.  Picking a random number of games might not be the best approach.

I dunno, I imagine what the defence has done more recently might be the more important factor here. The team doing quite well doesn't fit in with some people's agendas, mind you.