Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's definitely the fault of COVID-19 that Dundee United were/are paying over 100% of their turnover on wages.

Hoping on some academy players to be good to eventually turn a profit isn't the soundest of financial strategies.

Please go back and re.read the reasons why not reached 133%. It wasn't that high (certainly from playing staff) last year. If current situation hadn't occured , with increased prize money, fans in the gate, it would have been much much lower again, and no one would have given it a second thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So he's only getting 900 quid more a week not sure I believe that.If you think it's ok to get a bunch of players to cut their wages and then sign some old boy on wages that are vastly superior to the guys who've just been shafted by the club then batter on but to me it absolutely stinks and I wouldn't want my club doing it. No surprise really though with dundees history. Must be pretty hard to take for the other players who've just had their incomes slashed .

None of that makes any sense in a business where there is no "going rate".  The fact we were only able to afford Charlie Adam with outside support tells us all we need to know about fairness IMO.

Edited by hk blues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we take all talk of Charlie Adam's wage, who pays what, where he's haunting hooses tomorrow and which dentists he's banned from away from this board and talk about utds money problems please. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I bet that was funnier in your head.

Aye, funnier by comparison with your ramblings. 

 

Back on topic, it appears supporters of  Dundee, Falkirk and St Johnstone can provide specifics about other teams' dealings as a diversion to knowing little as to what is happening at Tannadice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Back on topic, it appears supporters of  Dundee, Falkirk and St Johnstone can provide specifics about other teams' dealings as a diversion to knowing little as to what is happening at Tannadice. 

You've asked your players to take a 20% cut - apart from two. Your sporting director has paid off rafts of employees and told them if they want their jobs back they can reapply for work through an agency. An agency he runs. Your owner is on record saying he has little money left he's able to put in. The club thought they'd have fans back for a month by now and budgeted for that. 

I think that about covers it. Have you any further insight, @Dundee Hibernian or do you just want to keep discussing Dundee fans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You've asked your players to take a 20% cut - apart from two. Your sporting director has paid off rafts of employees and told them if they want their jobs back they can reapply for work through an agency. An agency he runs. Your owner is on record saying he has little money left he's able to put in. The club thought they'd have fans back for a month by now and budgeted for that. 

I think that about covers it. Have you any further insight, @Dundee Hibernian or do you just want to keep discussing Dundee fans

I didn't know some of that as fact, Mr. Alli, the underlined bits. I think that about covers it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Your sporting director has paid off rafts of employees and told them if they want their jobs back they can reapply for work through an agency. An agency he runs.

 

Your owner is on record saying he has little money left he's able to put in.

Where are you seeing this?

I've seen Ogren saying Scottish Football needs Government assistance and at United things are tough, may get messy etc but I've seen nothing about him saying he has little money left.

And if we've paid off loads of employees it would have hit the papers/social media by now surely?

 

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Loss of £5,318,008 according to sources. Disappointing.

Disappointing but not surprising. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I've seen Ogren saying Scottish Football needs Government assistance and at United things are tough, may get messy etc but I've seen nothing about him saying he has little money left.

And if we've paid off loads of employees it would have hit the papers/social media by now surely?

Sorry his exact words were "limited funds" not "little money". 

You've paid off the entire hospitality section of the workforce for when furlough ends. Not surprising nor something to really have a dig at the club at - it has to cut its cloth. It's the fact that now your club won't be paying those employees direct anymore - your sporting director has put it in place that the club will pay his agency which will in turn supply the workforce and he will take his extra cut. It's easy enough to find out - and I'm pretty sure one of the posters on here will have been affected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Loss of £5,318,008 according to sources. Disappointing.

That's eye watering considering you were in the Championship for 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, funnier by comparison with your ramblings. 

That's truly dreadful patter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always appreciative of the interest that the fans of Dundee’s wee team take in our financial affairs.  Given their club’s past experience with financial problems their insight is always invaluable.

FWIW I think that trying to make money from owning and running a Scottish football club is, to put it mildly, very ambitious.  I hope Ogren still feels it is achievable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry his exact words were "limited funds" not "little money". 

You've paid off the entire hospitality section of the workforce for when furlough ends. Not surprising nor something to really have a dig at the club at - it has to cut its cloth. It's the fact that now your club won't be paying those employees direct anymore - your sporting director has put it in place that the club will pay his agency which will in turn supply the workforce and he will take his extra cut. It's easy enough to find out - and I'm pretty sure one of the posters on here will have been affected. 

Pfft, fancy not having unlimited funds. What a clown.

The hospitality stuff is news to me (although that's not to say it's not true) as is the suggestion that Asghar owns an employment agency for hospitality staff (again, not saying that's not true). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Where are you seeing this?

I've seen Ogren saying Scottish Football needs Government assistance and at United things are tough, may get messy etc but I've seen nothing about him saying he has little money left.

And if we've paid off loads of employees it would have hit the papers/social media by now surely?

 

Disappointing but not surprising. 

There is no way any government should be giving football clubs handouts while their continue paying players thousands of ££££s a week. Clubs need to come into the real world and players need a accept a hard dose of reality of where ordinary people are in the real world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

FWIW I think that trying to make money from owning and running a Scottish football club is, to put it mildly, very ambitious.  I hope Ogren still feels it is achievable.

 

He seems to think it is anyway from his interviews. 

It might even be plausible if you have a conveyor belt of talent to sell - but relying on young players to not just move for free all while burning through large wedges of cash on over priced 'stars' sounds very like Peter and Jimmy's strategy (& they at least had the excuse of not expecting the Bosman ruling...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Looking at the reaction from the Derry boys here, imagine what would happen if Dundee finished in the top 6 or got to a quarter final?

Celebratory DVDs, open top mini buses and a double spread in the evening Tele for a start. A commemorative mug? Maybe go the whole 9 yards and release a record to be played on Tay FM?

 

Get with the times mate. It would be a 7 part Amazon prime special featurette with behind the scenes interviews, directors commentaries and 4k panaramic views of the derry steps. With gowser booting policemen in the baws and running amok after underground to the Benny hill theme tune for the end credits.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Pfft, fancy not having unlimited funds. What a clown.

According to one of your own supporters on this very topic he has in the excess of £100m and Dundee United wouldn't have to worry about anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

There is no way any government should be giving football clubs handouts while their continue paying players thousands of ££££s a week. Clubs need to come into the real world and players need a accept a hard dose of reality of where ordinary people are in the real world. 

^^^^ Pay footballers NHS cleaners’ wages!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Alli said:

According to one of your own supporters on this very topic he has in the excess of £100m and Dundee United wouldn't have to worry about anything. 

That's still limited though. Really when I'm looking for a sugar daddy, I want someone who can print their own money indefinitely. Can Ogren do that? Can he f**k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...