The Dundee United Thread 22/23

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Strange how these certain people were nowhere to be seen when they were really needed which was when the club was asking all it's players to take pay cuts as the club could no longer honour it's agreements.

Dundee are paying Adam within their new wage structure as with the other players that was established months ago, and also have an agreement with several sponsors to pay the remainder as all parties wanted a deal to take place, and assures the players don't feel aggrieved.

United waited until weeks after their season began and signed several players to ridiculous wages, even for their regular wage structure, and then told the players that had been playing for weeks they need to cut off a fifth of their wage while continuing to fully pay their new players.

Chalk and cheese.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dundee are paying Adam within their new wage structure as with the other players that was established months ago, and also have an agreement with several sponsors to pay the remainder as all parties wanted a deal to take place, and assures the players don't feel aggrieved.

United waited until weeks after their season began and signed several players to ridiculous wages, even for their regular wage structure, and then told the players that had been playing for weeks they need to cut off a fifth of their wage while continuing to fully pay their new players.

Chalk and cheese.

They both stink as some players are getting shafted whilst others aren't.  Should be same treatment across the board for all players whether your Charlie Adam or Mark McNulty or anyone else.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

If you wanted to keep Hemmings you shouldn't have unilaterally imposed a paycut on him and presumably you wouldn't have done if he was worth any money. It's probably easier to take a hard line when all your players are shite. 

Incidentally, I have no say in who is appointed to fill the current vacancy on the US Supreme Court but I can say things about it. That's an analogy, btw.

Hahaha, is that the best you've got. That's a defense almost as good as Connelly and Reynolds.

We chose to take an approach that was fairest to the whole squad and with it came the risk we might lose our best player. If you are happy that your club is willing to shaft the majority of your clubs players to be able to pay McNulty, Fuchs and Bolton's full wages then I look forward to seeing how willing your 'academy graduates' and others are to sign new contracts having had their meagre wages cut to pay the 5k a week of some overpaid mercenaries...

As for the last bit, you might think that is analogous but what I said was based on what has been widely reported already and what has been stated in regards to both our and other teams wage reductions. Yours is a  spurious remark with no content.

Thank you for trying though, but must try harder.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So he's only getting 900 quid more a week not sure I believe that..

OK and I don't believe that Falkirk aren't paying higher than Livingston, Hamilton and Inverness. Do you see how silly this could get? 

You mean  being owned by vampire capitalists explicitly looking to turn a profit isn't a good thing?

I long for the halcyon days of moaning ST was taking a 100k salary*

Fair play to randomguy trying deflect the heat by noising up Falkirk fans #handsdowntheTay 

*I dont

Edited by invergowrie arab

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

OK and I don't believe that Falkirk aren't paying higher than Livingston, Hamilton and Inverness. Do you see how silly this could get? 

Why would we be paying more than them to sign players in league one. We weren't paying more than them in the championship and our wage bill has been cut by 500k since then so there isn't a hope in hell that we're paying more than them now.   I can't see Charlie Adam quibbling over 900 quid a week when he's probably be used to wages of 20 to 30k a week when he was at the likes of Liverpool.

Looking at the reaction from the Derry boys here, imagine what would happen if Dundee finished in the top 6 or got to a quarter final?

Celebratory DVDs, open top mini buses and a double spread in the evening Tele for a start. A commemorative mug? Maybe go the whole 9 yards and release a record to be played on Tay FM?

Anyway, I don't grudge them celebrating at all, a few decades of abject misery, two administrations and several Derby humiliations have clearly hurt. Seeing us make an arse of things again after us all hoping we'd turned the corner must be joyous for them.

Enjoy, lads. 

Why would we be paying more than them to sign players in league one. We weren't paying more than them in the championship and our wage bill has been cut by 500k since then so there isn't a hope in hell that we're paying more than them now.   I can't see Charlie Adam quibbling over 900 quid a week when he's probably be used to wages of 20 to 30k a week when he was at the likes of Liverpool.

Can we stop talking shite about Dundee and get back on topic, that being the DABS are in the grubber please?

I have to say I’m loving this. Not as good as relegating them, as yet, but there real hope of a proper financial disaster in the offing. Deelicious.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can't see Charlie Adam quibbling over 900 quid a week when he's probably be used to wages of 20 to 30k a week when he was at the likes of Liverpool.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Dundee weren't fighting it out with "the likes of Liverpool" to sign him, his wages about a decade ago make no difference.

How much exactly are you reckoning Charlie Adam is on for fucksake? :lol:

(Apologies to Dundee United fans, hijacking the thread to talk about Charlie Adam isn't what I, or anyone, set out to happen.) 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

I also think Falkirk play too much for players and have shit crowds.

Dundee have paid for Charlie Adam with the cut wages of his team mates.

There is no Old Firm 

Change-My-Mind.jpg

Season 1 GIF by Carnival Row

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

How quickly do you think United could go bust? What will happen to the games they have played? Will 2 teams get promoted?

To think a worthy team got relegated so that this mess could be anointed.

In our will Dundee/Caley playoff. Relegated teams need to take their medicine