The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Would never trust outsiders from foreign lands to come in and take over the club.  It should not be forgot these are business men not charity men. Fan ownership is the only way forward to protect the club thank God Saints are well down that road.  Hope it does not go tits up for you alarm bells should be ringing. 

Would never trust outsiders from foreign lands to come in and take over the club.  It should not be forgot these are business men not charity men. Fan ownership is the only way forward to protect the club thank God Saints are well down that road.  Hope it does not go tits up for you alarm bells should be ringing. 

Whilst I don’t share your hopes I think you should be as worried about events in Paisley....

I think most arabs on here would wholeheartedly agree that signing players like McNulty, Fuchs and Edwards on 3-5k a week is utter madness in the current circumstances. 

To then do that and try and get the rest of the squad to take a pay cut is scandalous. 

I'm pretty pissed off about this whole thing and wouldn't be surprised to see some players in the squad leading a mutiny against this. 

Actually mind boggling the board thinks this is acceptable. Nae wonder Micky has been looking so stressed in his recent interviews. 

Not sure what's worse. Getting your entire squad to take pay cuts and then going out and paying money for players/managers or signing players and then getting everyone but them to take a paycut. Certainly doesn't look good either way and yet they complain that they aren't getting a government bail out. Is it any surprise really.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure what's worse. Getting your entire squad to take pay cuts and then going out and paying money for players/managers or signing players and then getting everyone but them to take a paycut. Certainly doesn't look good either way and yet they complain that they aren't getting a government bail out. Is it any surprise really.

Considering Falkirk are paying certain players lower half Premiership wages while in the third tier, I wouldn't be going bollocks deep into slating other clubs m8.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Considering Falkirk are paying certain players lower half Premiership wages while in the third tier, I wouldn't be going bollocks deep into slating other clubs m8.

Are you having a giraffe. 😂😂 Not sure where your getting that shite from.  Our AGM was held recently and we're doing just fine. Decent profit last season and we're doing as well as anyone. Certainly no paycuts required thankfully as we're being run properly off the field unlike some just now. New investment will be used sensibly and the new share issue will see some more cash injected. No idea why your trying to compare us to DU but it gave me a good laugh anyway.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you having a giraffe. 😂😂 Not sure where your getting that shite from.  Our AGM was held recently and we're doing just fine. Decent profit last season and we're doing as well as anyone. Certainly no paycuts required thankfully as we're being run properly off the field unlike some just now. New investment will be used sensibly and the new share issue will see some more cash injected. No idea why your trying to compare us to DU but it gave me a good laugh anyway.

Thinking last seasons accounts matter when you're building a squad to challenge for Championship promotion while in the 3rd tier with no fans coming in...

Let's see how your accounts for 20/21 look, especially when you don't get promoted.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thinking last seasons accounts matter when you're building a squad to challenge for Championship promotion while in the 3rd tier with no fans coming in...

Let's see how your accounts for 20/21 look, especially when you don't get promoted.

You're probably not miles off that we are paying close to Hamilton, Livingston and St. Johnstone on 'certain players'. However; I'd suspect our season ticket sales are at least double over each club so it's hardly a surprise regardless of the league we are in that we can pay 'certain players' those type of wages. 

We had the exact same chat last season with Tidser's wage then it became apparent that it was a load of rubbish. This season I can only really see Alston and possibly Keena being on a higher wage than our average. We've also lost out to countless players this season due to wage demands. (Foster to Thistle, McManus & O'Hara to Dunfermline being key examples.)

As Shadwell Dog posted, we made a profit of £269,000 last season in league 1 which suggests we are living within our means. (Albeit around half of this sum was made up of previous player sale clauses.)

Edited by wee_bairn

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

16 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

You're probably not miles off that we are paying close to Hamilton, Livingston and St. Johnstone on 'certain players'. However; I'd suspect our season ticket sales are at least double over each club so it's hardly a surprise regardless of the league that we can pay 'certain players' those type of wages. 

We had the exact same chat last season with Tidser's wage then it became apparent that it was a load of rubbish. This season I can only really see Alston and possibly Keena being on a higher wage than our average. We've also lost out to countless players this season due to wage demands. (Foster to Thistle, McManus & O'Hara to Dunfermline being key examples.)

As Shadwell Dog posted, we made a profit of £269,000 last season in league 1 which suggests we are living within our means. (Albeit around half of this sum was made up of previous player sale clauses.)

A 900k turnaround in terms of loss to profit for us last season, cutting nearly 550k off player costs despite all the chat of our budget last season being a top championship budget. We also have similar season ticket numbers as last season alongside PPV money.

It’s public knowledge that Morrison has a clause that if we aren’t promoted he can go for free after the first season and I would imagine that would be normal practice with most 2 year deals at our level. 

Then we have an upcoming share issue coming up plus the Rawlins 6 figure investment. 

Can't get why a st Johnstone fan has issues with a club like ourselves who are actually well run off the park and just shite on it unfortunately. We made a decent profit last season that we could've spunked on promotion but sensibly we didnt. Trying to compare us to united is laughable where even the home fans are questioning the thought processes of the owners is laughable. What is a lower half top flight wage anyway these days?1500 a week maybe. If so we're nowhere near that for any of our players. 

Got to laugh at the hearts 0p in the pound crew though trying to take the morale high ground on this thread though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Whilst I don’t share your hopes I think you should be as worried about events in Paisley....

Dont worry about us. Our policy has been for years one penny in, one penny out. With Kibble part of the club our maintenance expenditure and runing admin is almost zero as the club is used as a training centre.  The club also has zero debt. Next year the club will become a fan owned club. Money will be handed over to chairman Gordon Scott for his majority shares. In other words St Mirren is a very healthy club a shining light for the way forward to how a club should be run. We have two St Mirren Independent supporters association ( SMISA ) on the board.  I did not come onto the thread to slag your club.