The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sadly fortunately I have no way of verifying that.

Got positive confirmation from the club about Saturday but the “bring your boots” postscript is concerning.

Thats fine, I have been so inspired by Andy Considine that, as someone of just four years older than him, I feel that I've got enough left in the tank. As a student of both Pedersen and Dillon, I could easily fill in for Liam Smith if he is still not 100% fit.

24 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Thats fine, I have been so inspired by Andy Considine that, as someone of just four years older than him, I feel that I've got enough left in the tank. As a student of both Pedersen and Dillon, I could easily fill in for Liam Smith if he is still not 100% fit.

I'm available to play centre half. They even have a jersey printed already

According to tonight’s ‘Tele’ four English Championship clubs are interested in, wait for it, 

Spoiler

Wato Kuate.

On that basis I expect a bid from Barcelona for Mark Connolly in the next couple of days.

EkOjIa5WAAQu7qW?format=jpg&name=largeIs that only two changes from Saturday's debacle? Pawlett and Clark in for McMullan and Smith? Seems a bit half hearted.

Edit: Both Smiths are out so it must be three. I cannae be arsed going back to identify all the guilty parties.

Edited by Pull My Strings

At least this will be our only defeat to a Hearts team this season. 

Im guessing its

Deniz

Edwards Connolly Reynolds 

Bolton                           Robson 

Harkes Butcher Pawlett 

Appere Clark

If it is, that midfield trio is hilarious. In fact, its all hilarious. 

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

At least this will be our only defeat to a Hearts team this season. 

Im guessing its

Deniz

Edwards Connolly Reynolds 

Bolton                           Robson 

Harkes Butcher Pawlett 

Appere Clark

If it is, that midfield trio is hilarious. In fact, its all hilarious. 

To be fair, that's the midfield trio which was getting plaudits for their performances at the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

To be fair, that's the midfield trio which was getting plaudits for their performances at the start of the season.

This is true. But unfortunately things have changed quickly. The Butcher/Harkes combo isn't nearly good enough at Premiership level and from how it sounds we're not doing too well against the mighty Kelty Hertz.

Things may change again over time, i hope they do but i sincerely doubt it. I dont think we have time to wait for that change even at this early stage of the season.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Better than the last game though. Kelty are a decent team managed by a tactical genius emoji4.png Fundee United - you brighten up life during this pandemic.

You live in Fife, pretty sure the pandemic has brightened things up for you.