The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I wonder how this will work if social distancing is still enforced (which I presume it will be) when the season kicks off?

How many in the ground at a time? 3000? 4000?

Still, in these uncertain times that's a fucking brilliant effort and I wouldn't be surprised if we break 5000 by the end of the early bird. 

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

C'mon now DeeBoy we all know we took more to Ayr than you had at Dens for a game against Premier opposition last season pal, leave the crowd wanking to the Buddies it's beneath you.

Unlike the Buddies of course  they're well above you.

Whit?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

C'mon now DeeBoy we all know we took more to Ayr than you had at Dens for a game against Premier opposition last season pal, leave the crowd wanking to the Buddies it's beneath you.

Unlike the Buddies of course  they're well above you.

drugs getting high GIF by Desus & Mero

No being able to get a pint in Dickies is taking its toll on you, Thomas. 

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I wonder how this will work if social distancing is still enforced (which I presume it will be) when the season kicks off?

How many in the ground at a time? 3000? 4000?

Still, in these uncertain times that's a fucking brilliant effort and I wouldn't be surprised if we break 5000 by the end of the early bird. 

If a 2m distance still has to be maintained you're looking at about only 1 in 6 seats (at best) getting used, so l'd say not much over 2,000.

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

If a 2m distance still has to be maintained you're looking at about only 1 in 6 seats (at best) getting used, so l'd say not much over 2,000.

How does it work for those within your household? Presumably if you had 2,3,4 or however many people in the same household all with season tickets they could sit together? The club should have their addresses on file so they could check this quite easily. 

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

It’s no wonder that certain sectors are pushing for a reduction to 1m, it makes such a huge difference and could have a massive impact on any potential socially distant football crowds.

That 2m rule defo ain't gonna be reduced in Scotland anytime soon.

As for the 'same household' thing, that would be almost impossible to police, as if you think about it, folk aren't going to be able to sit in their 'own' seats.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Whit?

Hes referring to the fact St Johnstone took more away fans to Ayr, then Dundee had home fans against Motherwell, last season.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

That 2m rule defo ain't gonna be reduced in Scotland anytime soon.

As for the 'same household' thing, that would be almost impossible to police, as if you think about it, folk aren't going to be able to sit in their 'own' seats.

I reckon it'll be reduced in England and Wales within the next couple of months at the latest. They're already floating the idea to soften people up. We'll follow suit shortly thereafter.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes referring to the fact St Johnstone took more away fans to Ayr, then Dundee had home fans against Motherwell, last season.

I gathered that. Just curious as to what it's got to do with Dundee United. 

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

2000 is even more difficult to work. Unless we put our ticket numbers into the famous McNamara tombola to decide who gets in each week. 

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I gathered that. Just curious as to what it's got to do with Dundee United. 

Probably as much as the post before, containing a Dundee fan who started talking about St Johnstones support.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where did I mention St Johnstone's support? 

If you're away to suggest this post...

18 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

To be fair, that is quite a good photo of St Johnstone's ground at half time of their most recent game. 

... after a photo of an empty McDiarmid Park, isnt a dig at St Johnstones support, then I'm not quite sure what to say.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

If you're away to suggest this post...

... after a photo of an empty McDiarmid Park, isnt a dig at St Johnstones support, then I'm not quite sure what to say.

Where did I mention St Johnstone's support?