The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Mellon needs time to get the team playing as he wants and if we get anything from the next two games it will be a bonus.

Yeah if we can keep the score respectable against Ross County I'll be happy.

I've been quite happy with how Harkes and Butcher work together in the middle. Was worried games would just pass him by but hes stepped up.

Pawlett isn't providing enough creativity. I would quite like to see Glass get a chance in the more attacking role or McMullan when hes back.

Bit disappointed that Appere doesn't look like an out and out striker as it limits him more to the second striker or inside forward role. Still has great potential to be a class player in that position though.

Connolly given an extended contract.

sack the board, sack the manager, sack fcuking everyone!

I’m sure there’ll be plenty happy with this, but clearly you’re all fcuking morons. 

Jesus wept!

I’m away for a lie down.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty happy with this, but clearly you’re all fcuking morons. 
Jesus wept!
I’m away for a lie down.
Spot on

17 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The premiership strikers will be rubbing their hands at that news

I've seen him have some great games against hammer throwing sides like QotS, ICT, Motherwell, etc but I'm always a bag of nerves when the opposition have tricky forwards and play football.

It wouldn't surprised me if he has an imperious game against Ross on Saturday.

Edouard, Morelos, Doidge, etc, will obviously have a field day against him.

3 years though...

simon cowell facepalm GIF by America's Got Talent

Being sycophantic towards a manager who has proven himself is one thing; being sycophantic towards a new manager is more about faith than rationality.

I’m wary about people who put faith ahead of rational thought.

8 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

We've signed Scott Allardice that used to play for you guys. Notice he didn't play many games but anyone got any thoughts on what he is like?

Depends on the level you're at. Who's we?

Allardice is a decent player, but slow and turns like an oil tanker. Came through as a midfielder but the non-turning thing was a hindrance. Tried to play centre half for a while but really just wasn't up to it. 

I could see him doing a job in League 1, maybe.

Edited by Pull My Strings

10 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

We've signed Scott Allardice that used to play for you guys. Notice he didn't play many games but anyone got any thoughts on what he is like?

Unless he has improved massively while in Ireland, I couldn't see him being good enough for the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Depends on the level you're at. Who's we?

Allardice is a decent player, but slow and turns like an oil tanker. Came through as a midfielder but the non-turning thing was a hindrance. Tried to play centre half for a while but really just wasn't up to it. 

I could see him doing a job in League 1, maybe.

ICT

3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Jesus wept!

I’m away for a lie down.

1802185461_giphy(2).gif.18f9b89d25f7f0f7a8d64fa1a2807471.gif

Connolly has the odd brain fart and seems to be flirting with a red card every game but we dont concede as many goals as we did before he and Reynolds joined.

He made the mistake in the opening game but we've only concede one (offside) goal since then.

Hes no Maldini but hes no Donaldson or Durnan either.