The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just now, PartyFears2 said:

Players have been told to report to the training ground tomorrow. 

could mean anything, could mean nothing. 

I heard you lot can't afford their wages over the summer, so will be releasing everyone.

42 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Players have been told to report to the training ground tomorrow. 

could mean anything, could mean nothing. 

It’s a training session.  Hibs have been disqualified from the Scottish Cup and we’re taking their place.

13 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

My guess, Mellon departing & the exciting Adam Asghar era begins. :( 

I'm really not sure how the club could frame bringing him in and the fans not causing absolute riots. He's only ever coached under 18s etc with no first team experience. Would be a mental idea. 

I'm not overly worried about there being any serious prospect of Adam Asghar getting bumped up to the manager's gig. If you believe Andy Goldie in an interview in 2019 on the Dode Fox podcast, he said he had to convince Tony to bring Adam on board as the former had issues about how hiring his son would look.

I'm more concerned that last summer Asghar Snr. thought the likes of Malky Mackay was fine to consider for the job and needed a fan backlash to think otherwise.

If indeed Mellon is going, and there was a club wanting him..

I’d be trying to get the bulk of the compo back that we paid Tranmere.

I’d offer his wage to Stephen Robinson (ticks a lot of boxes for me anyway)

I’d definitely stay away from ‘promote from within’. We’re not Barcelona. 

1 hour ago, Loemba90 said:

Back to Tranmere?

Doncaster are sniffing about apparently. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm really not sure how the club could frame bringing him in and the fans not causing absolute riots. He's only ever coached under 18s etc with no first team experience. Would be a mental idea. 

How much experience has Asghar snr got in running a football club?

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

I'm not overly worried about there being any serious prospect of Adam Asghar getting bumped up to the manager's gig. If you believe Andy Goldie in an interview in 2019 on the Dode Fox podcast, he said he had to convince Tony to bring Adam on board as the former had issues about how hiring his son would look.

I'm more concerned that last summer Asghar Snr. thought the likes of Malky Mackay was fine to consider for the job and needed a fan backlash to think otherwise.

We'll spend weeks publicly courting Jose Mourinho and he'll eventually tell us to stop calling him while complimenting the V& A and the Beano in the Daily Record. We'll end up rushing in Stuart Petrie and Sean Dillon with 2 weeks of the transfer window left and end up signing 2 random loan players from London Red and Man Blue in England that turn out absolutely shite and say this has been the plan all along and we're giving youth a chance.

11 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's tinfoil hat nonsense.