The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I note with interest that Brian Graham who, according to Ian McCall on Sportsound last night ‘almost lost a rib’ on Saturday, rose from his deathbed to get a double for Partick tonight.

Maybe McCall was on about his near dropping of the Spare Ribs from the Tip Top they tore into before the match?

13 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I note with interest that Brian Graham who, according to Ian McCall on Sportsound last night ‘almost lost a rib’ on Saturday, rose from his deathbed to get a double for Partick tonight.

Maybe he was drunk and trying to say “lost to the Arabs”

Then again...

Think you boys have been played by Pawlett's agent here! Davidson literally came out today and said he's not spoken to anyone about joining saints until he's dealt with the current players first. 

13 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Congratulations it looks like his agent leeking a story has spurred United into action and you will have him for another couple of years 

You guys must be ecstatic 

You've been in the field too long again.

Has our super duper head Agent...err...Sporting Director, been done here or, more worryingly, do we have a recruitment team who thinks we can't get anyone who can contribute  more than Pawlett? If that's the case then we should be looking to move our entire recruitment team on.

This is also taking into account we gave Connolly a 2 year extension.

What the f**k, Tony?

It's weird that folk still think that fitba clubs get their information from the papers. I don't believe a word that gets uttered in the sports papers and I'm gonna hope that the management of professional fitba teams have better sources than I do.

As for Pawlett - I wouldn't be against keeping him if he took a HUGE pay cut. A wage in line with what someone who was on the bench most weeks would expect, cos that's his level now.

Edited by ArabFC

On 06/04/2021 at 16:30, mishtergrolsch said:

Perth the town is a shite hole.

Perthshire is beautiful. But full of old Tories and incest loving fermers so Pawlett is right to stay in Dundee and commute.

Maybe the little team from accross the road have offered him a deal? They like our ageing, injury prone, inconsistent has beens after all.

Yeah, definitely Perth that’s the shitehole. 

3204319E-DD89-4EA3-9F84-9AB6C5A65F64.jpeg.973fa4ab9c8e49f273f3f9c11bce7340.jpeg

E4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

No chat about the accounts published? If you haven’t read it yet, don’t worry - essentially we are turning a very healthy profit and looking ahead to the long term, we are in a very secure position.

I didnt think it was as bad as expected to be fair