The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

So Tam McManus, who used to play for Dundee, hated United, and was equally hated by our fans in turn, thinks our star striker would be better off at Hibs, another of his former clubs? And all this was exclusively revealed in an article published by the bluenose b*****ds at DCThomson? 

Bathered.

Bathered indeed.

13 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Good.

Only Dillon Powers and Peter Pawlett out of contract at the end of the season now (I think) and that's fine by me.

Pawlett has been a big disappointment, I think there is a very technically good player hidden somewhere in there but it’s far too well hidden.  In hindsight a very poor and very costly signing.

Powers was barely competent at Championship level, he’s completely out of his depth in the Premiership.

We should avoid relegation this season but need to strengthen for next season.  Mellon needs to decide what the preferred formation is for the team and recruit accordingly.  If Shanks goes in the summer I hope we will play Clark as a striker, he’s not fully utilised in any other position.

I thought Powers played away OK against St Johnstone 

I don't think he is good but it was a pleasant surprise.

He is terrible on the ball but given 5 minutes to control it he does have a forward pass in him. Played really well on his debut at Partick as I don't think there was a thistle player within 20 yards of him.

45 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I see the silly Dees mouthing off last week have been left a little red faced.

Not at all. It's not their fault. It's the ref's who obviously had other things to do.

Maybe he is going out for a meal with friends or laser quest?

Edited by invergowrie arab

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I disagree about sitting in for a draw. We were trying to get forward the entire second half. We just aren't very good and Hamilton packed the defence as the game went on. 

Harkes missed one, possibly two, sitters.

If we're not very good at breaking down a packed defence, maybe we should take off some players and replace them with others? Maybe even change our shape?

Give Bolton or Sporle a chance to be more creative than Smith or Robson.

Take a defender off.

Give Mochrie a chance to show he can offer something more than Harkes for ten fcuking minutes! Fucking Peter goddamn Pawlett even!

Crazy ideas I guess 🙄

Edited by ArabFC

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I disagree about sitting in for a draw. We were trying to get forward the entire second half. We just aren't very good and Hamilton packed the defence as the game went on. 

Harkes missed one, possibly two, sitters.

Thought the same myself. Surprised to see the 'negative, boring etc' comments. Felt we were knocking on door of a goal for most of the second half. Final pass just letting us down.