The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Its not really saying anything new though, is it? We've been saying it for this season and parts of last season too.

Hes a great player playing in a team that's set up to survive this season first and foremost. I genuinely feel sorry for him playing in this team, the service is so poor and you can see how frustrated he is.

Also, Tam McManus is a fud. 

Sometimes a site like this can become an echo chamber for fans.  Seeing someone from outside offering the same view validates it.  His comment about how prolific Shanks could be in a team like Hibs reinforces my concerns about the squad and Mellon’s tactics.

38 minutes ago, Sieb97 said:

Adds a nice bit of depth to the squad. Would like to think the guys that were playing in league 1 might see some minutes. Freeman especially. Excited to see what Mochrie can offer too. 

We shall see - if Mochrie can't get any gametime when we're playing Clark, Harkes and Powers, I don't think he'll make it.

We shall see - if Mochrie can't get any gametime when we're playing Clark, Harkes and Powers, I don't think he'll make it.
I'm quite keen to see Mochrie. High hopes for him but Glass also earned rave reviews on loan and couldn't really make his mark with his (albeit limited) opportunity.

Dillon Powers' fiancé is hinting on Instagram that he might be going back to Colorado Rapids.

Could easily be reading too much into this so I might be totally wrong.

Tried to upload a screenshot but it's not working, it says "wrong forum id".

2 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

Dillon Powers' fiancé is hinting on Instagram that he might be going back to Colorado Rapids.

Nah don't think she is. MLS is building up for the superdraft so the league and club are posting photos and videos of some of the past first round picks. Think that's all there is to it.

11 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Nah don't think she is. MLS is building up for the superdraft so the league and club are posting photos and videos of some of the past first round picks. Think that's all there is to it.

Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

On 14/01/2021 at 16:20, Granny Danger said:

Sometimes a site like this can become an echo chamber for fans.  Seeing someone from outside offering the same view validates it.  His comment about how prolific Shanks could be in a team like Hibs reinforces my concerns about the squad and Mellon’s tactics.

So Tam McManus, who used to play for Dundee, hated United, and was equally hated by our fans in turn, thinks our star striker would be better off at Hibs, another of his former clubs? And all this was exclusively revealed in an article published by the bluenose b*****ds at DCThomson? 

Bathered.

44 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Liam Smith signs new contract until 2023.

Good.

Only Dillon Powers and Peter Pawlett out of contract at the end of the season now (I think) and that's fine by me.

Edited by ArabFC

f**k yes. f**k yes. Thank god we extended our most competent RB since Watson at his height. 

Powers and Pawlett can GTF on the sheer size of their wages alone. Powers just isn't all that and the although Pawlett used to be talented he's not the right fit at all and an expense that can be jettisoned ASAP please.

Edited by ArabianKnight

16 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

So Tam McManus, who used to play for Dundee, hated United, and was equally hated by our fans in turn, thinks our star striker would be better off at Hibs, another of his former clubs? And all this was exclusively revealed in an article published by the bluenose b*****ds at DCThomson? 

Bathered.

Is that how you interpreted the piece?

55 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Bathered.

Bit hysterical, imo.

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Bathered.

1943152879_images(12).jpg.c75259eba575bdbe0f0c64b5b6543e8d.jpg       

Nice one Junior, priceless posting imho. Please don't stop, however remember to check with the account payer/holder first.

How very negligent of Jim Spence not facilitate DCT report to you accurately enough for your 'personal taste'.

Regards as always.