The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I think it's fair enough. No hard feelings to Paul but he wasn't getting a game anyway and has now decided to move on. If I had a member of staff who was going to a rival firm in six months' time I'd be reluctant to keep giving them important work in the meantime. He'll be gone by the end of the window.

“Rival firm”, Championship side Dundee?

Next 7 games. What do we think? How many points? I'm going for 10 for some reason.

Accies (A)  win
St Mirren (H) win
Motherwell (A) draw
Ross County (A) draw
Hibs (H) pumped
Livi (H) draw
Killie (A) draw

Have a feeling we'll beat Accies for some reason. Not outside the realms of possibility we could beat (or lose to) 'Well, County and Killie but I really cant see us winning (or losing) that amount of games (away from home in particular) in that period, however nice (or not) it would be. So we're going to draw them all with MIcky playing 5 at the back and bringing Bolton on to be our secondary right back to shore things up.

Clear as mud.

Next 7 games. What do we think? How many points? I'm going for 10 for some reason.
Accies (A)  win
St Mirren (H) win
Motherwell (A) draw
Ross County (A) draw
Hibs (H) pumped
Livi (H) draw
Killie (A) draw
Have a feeling we'll beat Accies for some reason. Not outside the realms of possibility we could beat (or lose to) 'Well, County and Killie but I really cant see us winning (or losing) that amount of games (away from home in particular) in that period, however nice (or not) it would be. So we're going to draw them all with MIcky playing 5 at the back and bringing Bolton on to be our secondary right back to shore things up.
Clear as mud.
If we don't get a couple of wins in the next 4 games I would worry about us getting pulled into the relegation fight.

Although an average of 1PPG herein should see us stay up.

39 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

If we don't get a couple of wins in the next 4 games I would worry about us getting pulled into the relegation fight.

Although an average of 1PPG herein should see us stay up.

I think if we can hit 40 points we should be fine looking at the last few seasons. 

The way its going i can see us finishing 8th or 9th which would be a good season. Not to watch but at the end of the day staying up is the goal so we shouldn't complain too much.

But I will.

27 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Dundee after Clark now

Id keep Clark as hes done well for us but im not sure we'd offer more than a 1 year deal. If its stability in the Championship he wants then I'd understand him leaving and he'd go with my best wishes.

Might be the clearing of the decks needed for us to kick on though.

13 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

No way we should be allowing Clark to go. Top scorer and his overall play has been excellent this season. One example being our first goal last night. Board deserve slaughtered if they let this happen!

It'll come down to whether Mickey thinks he can get better in which he hopefully can. I don't think Clark is irreplaceable by any means but he'd be decent backup for next season.

18 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It'll come down to whether Mickey thinks he can get better in which he hopefully can. I don't think Clark is irreplaceable by any means but he'd be decent backup for next season.

How would you rate Mellon's signings so far?

Jack Newman, Ryan Edwards, Florent Hoti, Kieran Freeman, Luke Bolton, Jeando Fuchs & Marc McNulty are all his signings according to Transfermarkt - Granted a few of them are for the youth team but have any set the heather alight? Particularly for the money you're apparently paying the latter 2 (and Edwards).

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Newman, Ryan Edwards, Florent Hoti, Kieran Freeman, Luke Bolton, Jeando Fuchs & Marc McNulty are all his signings according to Transfermarkt - Granted a few of them are for the youth team but have any set the heather alight? Particularly for the money you're apparently paying the latter 2 (and Edwards).

Edwards has been decent for us after a shaky start, gives us an aerial edge that we didn't have before, missed him last night although he is quite limited in his abilities beyond that - 6.5/10
Bolton has been hot and cold, he is a good squad player to bring off the bench, which is a bit short of what we were originally hoping - 6/10
Fuchs is some player and looks the real deal, hopefully his injury isn't too serious - 8/10
McNulty looked a weird signing, but is starting to look decent, jury is still out.

Hoti has been a weird one, he can't get a game for Forfar on loan, but did play very well in their cup win against Linlithgow Rose. The others are youth players.

Other than Hoti, who was only a short term deal, they've been pretty ok so far. 

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Newman, Florent Hoti, Kieran Freeman,

No idea on Newman but hes meant to be decent. Freeman doesn't look up to much when I have seen him. Hoti being flung up to Forfar quickly doesn't fill me with hope but it's better hes playing and not sitting on the bench.

Luke Bolton 5/10

Ryan Edwards 5/10

Bolton is no better but no worse than what we have, who you will have soon enough...file under meh. And I don't really rate Edwards all that much.

Jeando Fuchs 8

Marc McNulty 7

Fuchs has been very good and McNulty has impressed me overall.

Overall in the transfer marker id give Mellon a 6/10 which is a solid pass but nothing spectacular. Its been difficult under the restrictions and financial constraints in fairness and would hope to see more like Fuchs than Freeman. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch