The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

With the Scottish Cup suspended, but the Premier League (and Championship) continuing (for now!) we now have a free Saturday on 30th January.

Surely the Motherwell match on 3rd Feb should be brought forward to fill the date? (wouldn't hold my breath though)

We need it for the St Johnstone game we're going to have to postpone tomorrow night.

7 hours ago, Steven W said:

With the Scottish Cup suspended, but the Premier League (and Championship) continuing (for now!) we now have a free Saturday on 30th January.

Surely the Motherwell match on 3rd Feb should be brought forward to fill the date? (wouldn't hold my breath though)

Mellon should take the the squad away somewhere warm...

8 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I'm assuming its to force him to leave and get his wages off the bill. 

Understandable but its not the nicest way to do it.

Why would we want to help a player that has agreed to sign for our rivals? I don't understand why anyone would want to see him in a United shirt again. I have no ill feeling towards him, but I'd rather we play someone who is going to be here next season etc.

22 minutes ago, Sieb97 said:

Why would we want to help a player that has agreed to sign for our rivals? I don't understand why anyone would want to see him in a United shirt again. I have no ill feeling towards him, but I'd rather we play someone who is going to be here next season etc.

I would understand that view, if we'd wanted to keep him but he'd turned us down.

But if he has been told he isn't getting a deal, he has every right to go and seek alternative employment.

If we take the view that any player who only has six months left on their contract doesn't get a game anymore, we're right up shit creek.

And given that his primary competition in the team is Bolton, who also probably won't be here next year, it all seems rather undignified to me.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

I would understand that view, if we'd wanted to keep him but he'd turned us down.

But if he has been told he isn't getting a deal, he has every right to go and seek alternative employment.

If we take the view that any player who only has six months left on their contract doesn't get a game anymore, we're right up shit creek.

And given that his primary competition in the team is Bolton, who also probably won't be here next year, it all seems rather undignified to me.

Apparently there's a player on the cards who is able to come in if McMullan leaves now. 

I think it's fair enough. No hard feelings to Paul but he wasn't getting a game anyway and has now decided to move on. If I had a member of staff who was going to a rival firm in six months' time I'd be reluctant to keep giving them important work in the meantime. He'll be gone by the end of the window.