The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Has there ever been such a huge gulf between the dundee clubs? Maybe the admin season after the points deduction?

Worrying times for dundee's most hilarious club.

I'm a mere spring chicken but during my lifetime at least this seems to be a fairly standard gap. We're mostly mid table top flight, Dundee generally mid table 2nd tier. No doubt the bean counters will be along to attack this honest appraisal with "statistics" and "facts" but that's my perception and I'm comfortable with it.

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

As eye bleeding as the football has been at some (most) points, 5th, 7 points clear of the playoff, and 11 clear of the automatic place on Christmas Day is a decent return in a pretty competitive division.

I would think fans have to be thrilled with the job Mellon is doing. Keep up this form and there's a possibility you'll be playing in the Europa Conference League.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Christmas Eve, the big man was making his way and quite a few of you just wanted to talk about your neighbours. Yikes. 

Anyway, Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you. Without you it wouldn't be as much fun. 

Love, Mr Alli. x

Yet here you are, on the United thread, talking to us on Christmas Day.

Forever obsessed by the big boys across the road.

The Fun, the gift that keeps on giving.

Have a Merry Christmas one and all!

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yet here you are, on the United thread, talking to us on Christmas Day.

Forever obsessed by the big boys across the road.

The Fun, the gift that keeps on giving

Dundee United fans talking about Dundee FC on Christmas eve - not embarrassing. 

Dundee Fan coming onto Dundee United topic to wish them a Merry Christmas at Christmas - obsessed. 

It's an exceptionally strange take on things, I must admit. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee United fans talking about Dundee FC on Christmas eve - not embarrassing. 

Dundee Fan coming onto Dundee United topic to wish them a Merry Christmas at Christmas - obsessed. 

It's an exceptionally strange take on things, I must admit. 

Everyone talks about gifts and entertainment on Christmas day. The gift of joyous laughter we receive from the blue side of town just happens to be one we all have in common.

Glad you popped in to check we're having fun on your behalf! Maybe you can join us in the big time in the 2022/23 season.

Merry Christmas ya blue nosed b*****ds!😉