The Dundee United Thread 22/23

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, St Johnstone are still selling pies etc., so its a bit bizarre United fans seem to be claiming they've been magically done out of £30k and there's nothing Ashgar can do about it.

You are an absolute melt likes. 

What a way to twist my words. 

I was clearly putting forward a bit of a hypothesis/guess work.

Shite troll spouting nonsense shocker. 

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you go down at the start of half time and there are 10-15 people in front of you you are lucky to get served before the game restarts. I would be amazed if 200 people get served in the ETL each game.

Nobody is suggesting it isn't an income stream. Just not a 600k per year one.

I would suggest if the club made 1k a game profit it would still be worth doing.

Nah agree with that, very likely I was being pretty optimistic with my figures. 

I think I get fleeced about 15/20 quid a time whenever I take the bairn so bit of confirmation bias on my part 🤣

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Has there been any word guys about how long Declan Glass is going to be out for?

i realise unfortunately he won’t now be coming to us, as was really looking forward to him playing, but clearly it’s very gutting for the player and of course Dundee United.  Can only hope he makes a full recovery soon and achieves his potential as there’s definitely a very talented player there

ACL apparently so he'll be lucky to be back this season. Real shame.

Hospitality/food and drink. 
Even saying 3000 of the season ticket holders spend a tenner in the ground at a match, and that's being conservative, there's 30k a match in revenue. That adds up over a season. 

30k revenue minus the costs of acquiring the food/drink and serving it. You could always get Fat Tony to rustle up a cold buffet with ingredients from a Foodbank but he’d probably eat half of it.

It’s a grim watch.

Ultimately I just want to be in my seat next season with fellow fans, watching Premiership football but it is unbelievably boring each and every week.

We’ve got enough to get through the season but I must admit that I get no real enjoyment from watching us right now.

23 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I remember when Levein first came in he decided to go back to basics and start to make us hard to beat. I honestly can’t remember if we were as grim a watch back then?

Not quite but nearly. Especially at the start but they built on it a little and made it slightly more entertaining. 

IIRC there was solid defending with decent counters using Daly as a target for crosses. 

38 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I remember when Levein first came in he decided to go back to basics and start to make us hard to beat. I honestly can’t remember if we were as grim a watch back then?

Not even close. Levein made us hard to beat but we still played some football.

For context, Levein's first signing was Mogaro Gomis - oh to have a midfielder like him now.

Yesterday we had Powers and Butcher in the middle of the park 😫

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

It’s a grim watch.

Ultimately I just want to be in my seat next season with fellow fans, watching Premiership football but it is unbelievably boring each and every week.

We’ve got enough to get through the season but I must admit that I get no real enjoyment from watching us right now.

It's making me wonder if it was the day out at the game I enjoyed, rather than the game itself. Watching on the screen concentrates the mind as to how poor the quality can be.

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's making me wonder if it was the day out at the game I enjoyed, rather than the game itself. Watching on the screen concentrates the mind as to how poor the quality can be.

Do you drink more or less alcohol when watching at home than you would in your "matchday experience"?