The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Shankland was on that going by about 2 million reports at the time.  I didn't say he was on over 4k.

You shouldn’t believe everything you read on social media.

I’ve even seen a bampot claiming a club owner should be jailed for paying high wages.  Jailed!

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Losses of over £5M.

I'm struggling to see how this can be justified.

Losses of £3.7million

133% was from 2018/2019 where we had again to bring in a full 11 players in January due to nonsense recruitment as well as Project Brave staff. 11 first team  then left AFTER the accounts were released and only 3 I think it was signed for 2019/20, a fourth joined in January. That's a big drop in wages.

We were always paying a high ratio to turnover due to the club continuing to pay Premiership wages to get back up. This was made worse due to incompetence in the dugout.

A lot of the losses were, as has been explained ad nauseum, were one offs. Stadium maintenance that hadn't been carried out for years, infrastructure upgrades & completely refurbished hospitality areas to increase match day income. I believe there was other stuff the Ogren's weren't aware of that had required paying for. Every United fan at a Q&A was completely aware of this as it was pretty much spelt out by the board and how long they expected it to be until break even-ish.

IF COVID had not hit, we would have had match day and hospitality income to end of season and accounts would not have been as bad as season before. We would have had, on top of season tickets, match day income from bigger crowds ( Aberdeen, gruesome twosome unless the boycott is still running, Hibs etc) and far, far greater prize money. The squad costs would not be too much more as the squad has barely changed meaning the wage bill would be approx £1million less than Kilmarnock were paying 2018/19 ie extremely manageable.

That was the plan, COVID bluntly fucked it.

36 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Losses of £3.7million

133% was from 2018/2019 where we had again to bring in a full 11 players in January due to nonsense recruitment as well as Project Brave staff. 11 first team  then left AFTER the accounts were released and only 3 I think it was signed for 2019/20, a fourth joined in January. That's a big drop in wages.

We were always paying a high ratio to turnover due to the club continuing to pay Premiership wages to get back up. This was made worse due to incompetence in the dugout.

A lot of the losses were, as has been explained ad nauseum, were one offs. Stadium maintenance that hadn't been carried out for years, infrastructure upgrades & completely refurbished hospitality areas to increase match day income. I believe there was other stuff the Ogren's weren't aware of that had required paying for. Every United fan at a Q&A was completely aware of this as it was pretty much spelt out by the board and how long they expected it to be until break even-ish.

IF COVID had not hit, we would have had match day and hospitality income to end of season and accounts would not have been as bad as season before. We would have had, on top of season tickets, match day income from bigger crowds ( Aberdeen, gruesome twosome unless the boycott is still running, Hibs etc) and far, far greater prize money. The squad costs would not be too much more as the squad has barely changed meaning the wage bill would be approx £1million less than Kilmarnock were paying 2018/19 ie extremely manageable.

A very reasonable explanation..... BUT it was blatantly obvious to most that very few fans, if any, would be attending matches prior to Christmas (at the very earliest).  Realistically there will be no large scale attendance by fans this season.  If any fans are allowed back they would mainly, if not all, be season ticket holders, therefore increased costs but not that much extra income (other than hospitality).  

Also, given some of the other teams in the top flight, United are realistically safe from relegation or a play off spot.  Should you have cashed in the £3M plus United fans were talking about for Shankland?

Genuinely not trying to wind you up.  You seem an intelligent individual and I’m simply interested in your take on the above two points.

Edited by Shadow Play

26 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

IMG_1604079469.704528.thumb.jpg.feedfe3704d5cd580a32cd4f808a5a31.jpgIMG_7556.thumb.jpg.a23deed8020d92ddf62d364801cc1439.jpgIMG_7555.thumb.jpg.8f0ef94abd18596651e72f7f8a04e0d2.jpg

£6.5 million over just over 3 years.

Plus this year past to come.

Wonderful stuff.

With the books only going up to the 30th of June they wont even include the bulk of the covid impact from this season either.

+

With Ogren saying this years is going to be bad it means they are probably looking forward to at least two more bad years accounts now...

34 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Losses of £3.7million

Baghdad Bob Comical Ali GIF - BaghdadBob Baghdad Bob - Discover & Share GIFs

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry his exact words were "limited funds" not "little money". 

You've paid off the entire hospitality section of the workforce for when furlough ends. Not surprising nor something to really have a dig at the club at - it has to cut its cloth. It's the fact that now your club won't be paying those employees direct anymore - your sporting director has put it in place that the club will pay his agency which will in turn supply the workforce and he will take his extra cut. It's easy enough to find out - and I'm pretty sure one of the posters on here will have been affected. 

I have no idea who said supporter is and haven't seen anyone suggest this is the case.

I'm not saying its not possible or that id expect anything less from a slimy ex agent like Asghar but I'm sure we'd have heard about it in the media by now.

Also, I thought he had to give up his agency business and interests when he began his role at United. Would imagine someone on the board would have questioned this move (paying Asghars agency) at the very least.

7 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

c**t uses a duvet as a face mask.

Saw him with the tangerine and black one on, was like he got a hold of a strippers g-string and was sniffing it. Absolutely vile. IMO.

Spoiler

Dundee United open talks with Micky Mellon and players over drastic wage  cuts

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Saw him with the tangerine and black one on, was like he got a hold of a strippers g-string and was sniffing it. Absolutely vile. IMO.

Hide contents

Dundee United open talks with Micky Mellon and players over drastic wage  cuts

Was my thought too - must have found a crusty one in ST's sex dungeon