The Dundee United Thread 22/23

23 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't think it'll happen, and honestly there are worse places for him to be than United (ahem Hearts ahem), but if Shankland left for nothing I think I'd laugh so hard I might knock myself into a coma

I don't think it'll happen either.

That's a fair number of Dundee supporters across various social media saying that Shankland will be away on a free transfer so I am inclined to believe it's true. It's a shame we never got to reap the benefits of his £500k release clause last January.

20200920_062536.gif.e134d564cf5abe2f3a14e1c2316d061f.gif

Farewell sweet prince x

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are you assuming that United will just impose the pay cuts and let players with a re-sale value walk away? That seems a little far fetched.

So are you saying they will let some off without taking the deal? What's stopping them all just saying "nah I'll stay on my full pay thanks" then? 

I'd assume the PFA would have something to say about that if they aren't already about the fact your letting the loanees and new signings stay on full pay.

Just now, locheedee said:

So are you saying they will let some off without taking the deal? What's stopping them all just saying "nah I'll stay on my full pay thanks" then? 

I'd assume the PFA would have something to say about that if they aren't already about the fact your letting the loanees and new signings stay on full pay.

Those with a re-sale value, yes, of course. The PFA have got no say on it whatsoever. Dundee could have done the same with Hemmings when he refused to take a cut but presumably were just happy to get rid of him.

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are you assuming that United will just impose the pay cuts and let players with a re-sale value walk away? That seems a little far fetched.

It appears only 3 are immune to this. None were immune to it at my club. If you’re imposing pay cuts that’s the outcome I’m afraid. 

Hiya Mr Ammo, hiya pal. Still hurting 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Those with a re-sale value, yes, of course. The PFA have got no say on it whatsoever. Dundee could have done the same with Hemmings when he refused to take a cut but presumably were just happy to get rid of him.

I obvs don't know how much say the PFA would have but I would imagine they'd be telling the players to tell your board to gtf if they was even the slightest hint of some getting let off with the deal.

&

Yeah we probably could have made an exception for Hemmings but rather than being 'happy to get rid of him' we chose to have enough class to offer the same terms to the whole team and didn't try to shaft any of our players to save players with resale value.  

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I am afraid your legal training cannot compete with the great minds of the Dundee fans on Pie and Bovril.

Siegrist and Shankland are gone and we're in admin on Friday. FACT.

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

Yeah we probably could have made an exception for Hemmings but rather than being 'happy to get rid of him' we chose to have enough class to offer the same terms to the whole team and didn't try to shaft any of our players to save players with resale value.  

We also didn't bring in any new players - never mind ones that take in several thousands a week - until after our cuts were put in place and the players had all been negotiated with on their pay. You would think most teams would establish the restrictions placed on them before looking to bring in more players. Not big Tony though evidently...

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

That's quite an impressive spin. Bravo.