The Dundee United Thread 22/23

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Most of your support were saying players like Butcher would cope easily enough in the top flight and it just isn't the case.

Hardly!

On 14/07/2020 at 11:39, ArabFC said:

Our midfield is crap, and unless we want to go straight back down, we need to sort it out!

Butcher (who Neilson wants) could maybe do a job alongside someone decent, but by God do we need someone who can get on the ball in the midfield, and if you think that's Harkes yer mental!

9 hours ago, MacArab said:

You are the master of understatement.

I thought your team were excellent today, and we were not even close to being as good as crap.

Like our game against Livi, the only team that played any decent football today were not wearing Tangerine & Black.

For the (few) players, given a start today looking to stake a claim for a start against Aberdeen; how do you think it went?

Fair play to the Blue Toon. Beautifully taken goal, which was well deserved based on balance of play, and as I mentioned in my post, we were lucky not to lose by more...

Just pissed off that they eventually got the stream working as I ended up wasting 70 minutes of my life watching that turgid shite, when I could have been painting a fence or something.

Betfred is as good as fucked imo, and we need to hope our new boys bring something special in the weeks ahead, and focus on  staying mid table, which is about as good as we could possibly hope for this season I think.

Thanks for that. Maybe our season could be better than fighting relegation.

I though Utd had started the season reasonably well with a few decent results?

Good to see John Viola and Craig Moore had a great day out at Tannadice yesterday. Their pictures of the meal, their view and them standing outside Tannadice made it look like they had a brilliant time.

As much as I totally understand that agents and scouts will be in attendance at every game right now, and that the club need to network and keep the business going, it is pretty galling to see, publicly via social media, those visitors getting the full hospitality experience and having a grand day out whilst we are left in the house having to deal with connection issues and broken streams. I would have thought the club might have told external guests to be a bit more mindful of publicising their visit.

IMG_7298.jpg

48 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think this is extremely harsh on Durnan.

And he was bang average at best.

Actually, Durnan wasn't bad when he was up front. Scored a few goals.

But he was still pish at the back.

6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Good to see John Viola and Craig Moore had a great day out at Tannadice yesterday. Their pictures of the meal, their view and them standing outside Tannadice made it look like they had a brilliant time.

As much as I totally understand that agents and scouts will be in attendance at every game right now, and that the club need to network and keep the business going, it is pretty galling to see, publicly via social media, those visitors getting the full hospitality experience and having a grand day out whilst we are left in the house having to deal with connection issues and broken streams. I would have thought the club might have told external guests to be a bit more mindful of publicising their visit.

IMG_7298.jpg

Thats pretty poor from them and United imo. Tony showing who he's keeping sweet while, as you say, we're paying to watch awful streams containing some of his awful signings.

13 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

IMG_7298.jpg

Both John Viola and Craig Moore are utter c***s, so no surprise to see this sort of shit.

20 hours ago, stumigoo said:

IMG_7298.jpg

Really? You want United to police the social media of club guests? Anybody getting upset at that sort of stuff needs to take at look themself first and foremost.

28 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Really? You want United to police the social media of club guests? Anybody getting upset at that sort of stuff needs to take at look themself first and foremost.

To be fair, it’s not as if they could have given Viola’s ticket & hospitality to a fan instead. It’s not their decision to have no fans and hospitality - it’s the Scottish governments. I’m pretty sure they’re desperate for that to change. Clearly they’re allowed restricted visitors in on “business” though. If having Viola & Moore in for a pie & a cupcake has the slightest chance of any benefit at all for United in the short or long term then I’d say it’s worth it. 

I would expect United to maybe ask guests to read the room a little. As I mentioned in my post, I’m not bothered about scouts and agents going to games, or any club guests for that matter, but to see that posted shortly after the Peterhead game and after the stream issues it was a bit frustrating.

Hardly ‘upset’ but if that’s what you read from my post then fair enough.

27 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

If having Viola & Moore in for a pie & a cupcake has the slightest chance of any benefit at all for United in the short or long term then I’d say it’s worth it. 

Which isn't the 'issue'. United should be absolutely continuing to network and do as much as they can to improve the business and the squad, and this will almost certainly involve guests and reps being invited to Tannadice. 

Edited by stumigoo

9 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I would expect United to maybe ask guests to read the room a little. As I mentioned in my post, I’m not bothered about scouts and agents going to games, or any club guests for that matter, but to see that posted shortly after the Peterhead game and after the stream issues it was a bit frustrating.

Hardly ‘upset’ but if that’s what you read from my post then fair enough.

I’ve written to the club saying that I am a potential six figure sponsor and would like to come along on Saturday to discuss and take in the match.  I need a few hangers on assistants to make it look legitimate if you’re interested.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve written to the club saying that I am a potential six figure sponsor and would like to come along on Saturday to discuss and take in the match.  I need a few hangers on assistants to make it look legitimate if you’re interested.

Only if I can bring my camera.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Well I must admit - I have both.

Sadly fortunately I have no way of verifying that.

Got positive confirmation from the club about Saturday but the “bring your boots” postscript is concerning.