The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I thought he was sold and we brought those two in after I think.

Could be wrong.

You've probably blanked it out of your mind, but he was one of the 5 (Five) centre halves Neilson played from the start against St Mirren in the dreadful play-off match at Paisley. Connolly, Reynolds, Watson and Booth were the others. Robson also started on the left.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’m an old b*****d. The use of ‘yous’ is lazy, ignorant and just simply f*ck*ng wrong. There is no argument about that. And since I’m on my high horse, people that inappropriately use the word ‘so’ to start a sentence to answer a question should be made to watch a rerun of last night’s match, without the penalties, on a permanent loop.

Modern English, unlike some other languages, has only one form of “you” for both singular and plural.

So you’re not happy then?

16 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Transfermrkt have him out of contract next June, and generally they are pretty reliable. I've tried to find a source to confirm the contract he signed when he went to Romania but can't seem to get one.

I'd like to see him back at some point, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

Edit - The same site also lists Bouhenna as being out of contract next summer. Not that it has to be big, beautiful Rachid, but we would be much improved with a central defender like him (someone comfortable on the ball).

His own official Facebook page has him signing a 3 year deal...

https://www.facebook.com/PavolSafranko/

Screenshot_2020-10-10-09-47-48-2066235100.png

11 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but wasn't Rachid essentially ousted from the team by Connolly and Reynolds?

My memory is that Neilson told him (and said publicly) that his future at United would be in midfield, following those 3 great games in the play-offs, however because his position was the same as Butcher his place in the first team wasn't guaranteed anymore. Bouhenna wanted to start regularly, Sepsi came in (there might have been a transfer fee?) and he was off to Romania.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You've probably blanked it out of your mind, but he was one of the 5 (Five) centre halves Neilson played from the start against St Mirren in the dreadful play-off match at Paisley. Connolly, Reynolds, Watson and Booth were the others. Robson also started on the left.

Booth's not a centre half, tbf.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Months of mental gymnastics and therapy in the bin. Cheers!

4 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

His own official Facebook page has him signing a 3 year deal...

https://www.facebook.com/PavolSafranko/

Screenshot_2020-10-10-09-47-48-2066235100.png

Ach well.

26 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

This tweet has gone down well. 👀

Always find comments like that in the tweet funny. 

Whether you think its right or wrong, most folk commenting would probably do exactly the same as her in that position.

Twitter is full of the dregs of humanity.

I must have missed it, what's up with Sporle?  He wasn't in the squad at Brechin either.

C. Smith and McMullan up front? Classic "little man and littler man" tactics. The high hoofs forward from central defence will be even less effective than normal.

Good to see Liam Smith back and Bolton playing further forward.

12 minutes ago, NareyAProblem said:

I must have missed it, what's up with Sporle?  He wasn't in the squad at Brechin either.

C. Smith and McMullan up front? Classic "little man and littler man" tactics. The high hoofs forward from central defence will be even less effective than normal.

Good to see Liam Smith back and Bolton playing further forward.

I'm assuming McMullan and Bolton are on the wings with Pawlett playing off of Cammy. 

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Always find comments like that in the tweet funny. 

Whether you think its right or wrong, most folk commenting would probably do exactly the same as her in that position.

Twitter is full of the dregs of humanity.

Aye we should ignore the fact that she’s a tax dodger because she’s an Arab.  Typical tribal mentality.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Booth's not a centre half, tbf.

Aye, generally a left sided defender, but he'd played central defence for several clubs prior to being signed by United, and, as I wrote earlier, Jamie Robson was playing on the left that day. Neilson shit it in Paisley and overloaded his side with defenders.