The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Or is it just Burnley needing a striker, wanting a cheap deal and hoping were desperate and stupid enough to take 500k for a guy who's worth about three or four times that.

Think it probably says more about Burnleys finances than ours really.

Or maybe its just absolute shite from a paper that needs to sell copies to keep afloat.

As a general point, football fans (and we’ve all been guilty of it) have a brilliant relationship with newspapers -

- Story against your team in a terrible newspaper = “Absolute nonsense, that rag of a paper doesn’t know what it’s talking about.”

- Story against your rivals in a terrible newspaper = “Check this out! They are fucked!”

41 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

As a general point, football fans (and we’ve all been guilty of it) have a brilliant relationship with newspapers -

- Story against your team in a terrible newspaper = “Absolute nonsense, that rag of a paper doesn’t know what it’s talking about.”

- Story against your rivals in a terrible newspaper = “Check this out! They are fucked!”

Speak for yersel. I long stopped believing anything the rags make up, good or bad.

On 03/10/2020 at 11:36, ArabianKnight said:

Got married yesterday so glad I avoided this seemingly catastrofuck of a performance from United. 

Fucking c***s couldn't even pull a win out the bag for my big day 😳

Many congratulations; I hoped you enjoyed your day.

The United performance was so bad I would rather have got married again than watched it.*

* No, it wasn’t that bad.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Or is it just Burnley needing a striker, wanting a cheap deal and hoping were desperate and stupid enough to take 500k for a guy who's worth about three or four times that.

Think it probably says more about Burnleys finances than ours really.

Or maybe its just absolute shite from a paper that needs to sell copies to keep afloat.

It could be a good but risky way for utd to go.

If and it's a big if shankland scores a few goals in the epl burnley or indeed another club would pay more for him then than they would now

Edited by Dubford don

34 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

If and it's a big if shankland scores a few goals in the epl burnley or indeed another club would pay more for him then than they would now

They wouldn’t though cos he’d only have a year on his contract left.

And anyway he’d probably just gather splinters.

53 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

He'd run amok in that tinpot league. Have you seen the defending down there?

Brass neck from Burnley. £100M per season in TV money and trying to loan Scottish Premiership players on the cheap.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

On 03/10/2020 at 11:36, ArabianKnight said:

Got married yesterday so glad I avoided this seemingly catastrofuck of a performance from United. 

Fucking c***s couldn't even pull a win out the bag for my big day 😳

Congratulations on your nuptials.

Sorry about your numpties.. 

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Your 1st para. seems illogical - surely, the further down the leagues you go the MORE chance you have of teams not completing their fixtures? 

Anyway, if clubs cannot complete their fixtures - let them forfeit the points.  Isn't that what Killie are being threatened with at the moment? 

I don't see a problem.

Yeh sorry that was what I meant - the further down the less chance you’ve got.

If clubs miss games because they’ve breached protocols then it could be a forfeit I suppose but if they didn’t do that to Aberdeen and Celtic I would expect they won’t do it to us.

If Fuchs can complete a 5 yard forward pass he will instantly become our best midfielder. Friday night was one of the worst midfield displays I have ever seen, Butcher and Harkes offered nothing offensively or defensively while Bartley and Holt strolled around the pitch dictating play. With Fuchs forced to quarantine for 2 weeks we should be giving Powers a chance, no world beater but can at least complete a pass. 

Just now, skinny arab said:

If Fuchs can complete a 5 yard forward pass he will instantly become our best midfielder. Friday night was one of the worst midfield displays I have ever seen, Butcher and Harkes offered nothing offensively or defensively while Bartley and Holt strolled around the pitch dictating play. With Fuchs forced to quarantine for 2 weeks we should be giving Powers a chance, no world beater but can at least complete a pass. 

It will be lonely quarantining in a new country for 2 weeks.

Best send Mark Connolly to keep him company imo.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Daily Mail saying that this loan deal is an attempt to keep United afloat. Oft. Let down by the fact it's the Daily Mail reporting this, but oft nonetheless.

Untitled.png

Yeah, a totally nonsense story but "oft", nonetheless.

Imagine if the moon really was made of cheese. I mean, it's not, but oft.

2 hours ago, Dubford don said:

Thats all well and good but who is going to score us enough goals to keep us up?

Who's paying more than £500k when he's got less than a year left at that point and he can pre contract that January. Nae c**t.

Mental stuff.