The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
15 minutes ago, Szamo said:
Everyone that is in the know is saying it.
Expecting Neil Doncaster to get the ball rolling in the next few weeks.
It's unfortunate for the Championship clubs that are desperate for promotion but these are unprecedented times.

What would the point to no relegation be?

It's hardly fair to relegate a club after a gruelling 38 game season to be replaced by another which only had to play 27 games. With the best will in the world, I can't see top flight clubs being happy with that.

Mexico have announced no relegation/promotion for 5 years but I don't think we will go that far.

It's hardly fair to relegate a club after a gruelling 38 game season to be replaced by another which only had to play 27 games. With the best will in the world, I can't see top flight clubs being happy with that.
Mexico have announced no relegation/promotion for 5 years but I don't think we will go that far.
The championship play a different number of games from the premiership every single season. It won't matter unless the season is cut short like last year. The top brass want Hertz back in the top league so there will be relegation

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 minutes ago, Szamo said:

The championship play a different number of games from the premiership every single season. It won't matter unless the season is cut short like last year. The top brass want Hertz back in the top league so there will be relegation

I don't think St Mirren will take relegation lying down, in these circumstances, but we will see.

On last nights game, what a fucking mess. So many players couldn't do the basics of getting the ball under control and play a simple pass.

The midfield seemed non existent at times. So many of the usual passengers in the team too, Clark and Harkes in particular again. 

I seriously hope MM can see we need a better level of centre half badly. I know some people don't rate Reynolds  but hes fucking miles better than Connolly.

Same story as last year, if a team gets in our faces and puts us under pressure and the previously mentioned Connolly does the rest.

One shot at goal in 90 mins. From a free kick. At home against Livingston (no offence intended to Livi who were well worth the win) with a guy like Shankland in the team is diabolical. 

Sporle was good for a while, Butcher put a few tackles in (because they were his second touch), Bolton overlapped Chalmers once I think and Deniz was mostly very good for that being his first proper game for f**k knows how long. Goalkeeper is probably our strongest position.

Other than that, file last night under "fine the fuckers two weeks wages, including Micky Mellon"

17 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm going to be needing at least 2 quality signings before the window shuts to get over last night. Without wishing to get involved in the recriminations that was, for me, the worst performance of the season with virtually no excuses or redeeming features. 

Worst performance of the year for me, we were better when dismal against Arbroath in the February defeat.

16 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm going to be needing at least 2 quality signings before the window shuts to get over last night. Without wishing to get involved in the recriminations that was, for me, the worst performance of the season with virtually no excuses or redeeming features. 

So that means we'll need to sign about 12 players to get 2 quality ones going on Fat Tonys ratio. And if Fuchs ends up shite ill need to hit the abacus again to re calculate. 

I've never seen a match where United only had one shot the entire 90 minutes before. 

If Livingston go on to become a world footballing superpower then fair enough but there are really no excuses.

Aberdeen at home in the league after the Betfred Cup nonsense.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Seen a lot of shite United performances in my time & last night has to be right up with some of the best of them just for how totally devoid of life it was. Deniz was fine, the rest were shite, with special mention to the 2 centre midfielders and the 2 centre halves for doing everything they could to out shite the rest of them. The winning goal pretty much summed up the performance of they clowns at the back. Just gies a fuckin centre half who doesn't induce the fear every time the ball is in their vicinity and a midfielder who can exert some kind of control on a game please.

28 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

For the Fetbred.

Deniz

Bolton Butcher Reynolds Robson

Chalmers Powers Fuchs Sporle

Shankland Apperre 

Chalmers will be away with scotland u'21s and Fuchs hasn't signed and won't be available for at least 2 weeks if he does sign

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Got married yesterday so glad I avoided this seemingly catastrofuck of a performance from United. 

Fucking c***s couldn't even pull a win out the bag for my big day 😳

Congrats!

Hope you got some good intel on the 8 players we need as a Wedding present from Tony!

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Shankland will be away with Scotland too.

Fucking hell 🤣

To be honest he could have been away last night and nobody would have noticed.

Get big Louis on!

Chalmers is a decent prospect but I would prefer to see Appere back in there.

Hopefully Fuchs is an upgrade in the middle of the park and would allow Butcher to move back to centre half. Alternatively, play the two of them together to try and protect a weak back line but that would likely see us forced into a 3-5-2 all the time.

Maybe try Pawlett in a more attacking central role in place of Harkes?