The Dundee United Thread 22/23

16 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Better to put him out on loan to them than not at all, I suppose. I'm a bit annoyed giving Partick Thistle a player on loan given they tried to stop us getting promoted, but the main thing is his development.

I've got no hard feelings against Partick at all. They were pretty unfairly treated - why wouldn't they try and save themselves especially when they were doing so at no cost?

I don't blame Partick for the ludicrous legal challenge. They were clearly just desperate and were hanging onto Hearts' coattails. Left to their own devices I'm sure they would have just taken their medicine and fucked off to the seasides.

I do worry that Mellon just doesn't fancy Glass, which would be a shame as he looks to be a cracking wee player. 

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I don't blame Partick for the ludicrous legal challenge. They were clearly just desperate and were hanging onto Hearts' coattails. Left to their own devices I'm sure they would have just taken their medicine and fucked off to the seasides.

If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas babe.  💅

Micky still looking to get players in:

"We have a really good owner and director of football (Tony Asghar) and they would have done their sums to make sure there's a club still here at the end of this pandemic. We wouldn't over-stretch ourselves," said Mellon, who confirmed 20-year-old midfielder Declan Glass was close to joining Partick Thistle on loan.
"We are still along with a few bits and we hope to still get them done."

What do we need before the transfer window closes on 5 October?