The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Never been confident when Mark Reynolds is playing, but have to say he's been ok this season, and although it was a mistake yesterday which led to the Saints' goal, I think he got a push from Dylan Connolly just outside the box which changed his momentum, perhaps explaing why he miskicked the ball.

Still maintain that of the players we have in the squad, Butcher is possibly our best option for central defence.

34 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Still maintain that of the players we have in the squad, Butcher is possibly our best option for central defence.

Totally agree, Butcher is the best centre half option we have. Him and Reynolds would do fine i think. Connolly and Neilson as backup and Edwards could be jettisoned into the sea.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Totally agree, Butcher is the best centre half option we have. Him and Reynolds would do fine i think. Connolly and Neilson as backup and Edwards could be jettisoned into the sea.

When’s the last time a United manager brought in a player then stopped playing him because he was willing to accept it was a mistake?

15 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Sporle looked excellent yesterday, I thought - playing with real confidence and his goal was really well taken.  My only concern is that he was interviewed for DUTV after the game and still seems to speak almost no English - surely this is going to hold him back?

Hasn't stopped Marco Bielsa at Leeds United.

5 hours ago, wardy83 said:
5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Yes. Sticks in my mind he started one game and as soon as he went off we scored the winner.

1-0 against Partick. Subbed off and 5 minutes later Shankland scored

Thanks: a fact I had at that point was that we'd never scored when King was on the park, and I think that remains as his record.