The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Did Rangers get out of 2nd gear in that game?

Our passing is atrocious. Reynolds is the worst offender imho but we have nothing in midfield.

I kept my eye on Butcher and Harkes in the second half. Butcher is clearly terrified of getting the ball under any pressure and simply jogs about pointing at other people as passing options. Harkes doesn’t even bother to come and get the ball, waiting on the punt.

Only Siegrist gets pass marks from me and he conceded 4.

16 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Did Rangers get out of 2nd gear in that game?

Our passing is atrocious. Reynolds is the worst offender imho but we have nothing in midfield.

I kept my eye on Butcher and Harkes in the second half. Butcher is clearly terrified of getting the ball under any pressure and simply jogs about pointing at other people as passing options. Harkes doesn’t even bother to come and get the ball, waiting on the punt.

Only Siegrist gets pass marks from me and he conceded 4.

Pretty much the same as me. 

Thought Neilson did OK on the ball at times, breaking from deep but as there's no single midfield player in that squad capable of anything other than huff and puff busywork he hit a dead end.

Butcher was shown up as extremely limited today (particularly at the first goal), in fact they pretty much all were. Seigrist had a very good game and kept it down to 4 imo. And its unusual for me to compliment him!

Never expected anything other than a convincing defeat but we were swept aside so easily it made grim watching.

As we all know, that squad is poor but the additions Mellon has made so far arent exactly promising right now either.

Next couple of games are important. I know it's early in the season, but they're still important.

If we're not going to be adding to the squad (seems increasingly unlikely), then we've certainly got our work cut out. Most of the team are looking like the step up is a big ask. I guess it's up to the manager then to get the best out of them. I'm still confident he'll do that, but time will tell.

Edited by Steven W

Guest DAVIDB69
Next couple of games are important. I know it's early in the season, but they're still important. If we're not going to be adding to the squad (seems increasingly likely), then we've certainly got our work cut out. Most of the team are looking like the step up is a big ask. I guess it's up to the manager then to get the best out of them. I'm still confident he'll do that, but time will tell.

They are very important we need probably 6 points out them to get moving and hopefully the manager who i am still not convinced by can motivate

Still convinced we may get loaded with Mellons dregs from the lower leagues

Next couple of games may suggest whether we will be in a relegation battle , but how long we have been out the top league is showing

7 hours ago, Steven W said:

Next couple of games are important. I know it's early in the season, but they're still important.

If we're not going to be adding to the squad (seems increasingly unlikely), then we've certainly got our work cut out. Most of the team are looking like the step up is a big ask. I guess it's up to the manager then to get the best out of them. I'm still confident he'll do that, but time will tell.

2 points off bottom. It’s coming.