The Dundee United Thread 22/23

31 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

That's just about the craziest thing I've ever heard.

There is no way on earth we should be forking out £300k as a loan fee on ANY player.

28 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The fact that anyone can claim £300k for a loan move is 'decent value' is fucking baffling, quite frankly.

For a season long loan which takes it up to his contract expiry and a pretty solid chance of signing him after that. 

It makes sense comparing it to forking out 675k for him now plus his full wages. 

41 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

For a season long loan which takes it up to his contract expiry and a pretty solid chance of signing him after that. 

It makes sense comparing it to forking out 675k for him now plus his full wages. 

I wouldn't pay £675k for the guy in the first place. I wouldn't even pay £300k for him, and I like him, especially for a guy we could offer a pre-contract to in 4 months.

It would be utterly bonkers to pay out that sort of money (£300k) because there's a "pretty solid chance" he'll stay. It'd be mad to pay that even if he somehow committed to staying.

That's equivalent to around £9k/week (before wages) for his loan spell. What an utter waste of money.

Edited by ArabFC

Why pay £300K (more than Nisbett would have cost) for a someone that could go and sign for Hibs, Aberdeen, anyone really, on a pre-contract in 4 months time if he does really well? I know he loved his time at the club but I bet he'd love a few extra grand a month more.

Love big Pav but hes not worth a £300k fee for a season with no guaranteed sell on for us. Id be massively wary of us paying £300k for him at the best of times tbh.

26 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I wouldn't pay £675k for the guy in the first place. I wouldn't even pay £300k for him, and I like him, especially for a guy we could offer a pre-contract to in 4 months.

It would be utterly bonkers to pay out that sort of money (£300k) because there's a "pretty solid chance" he'll stay. It'd be mad to pay that even if he somehow committed to staying.

That's equivalent to around £9k/week (before wages) for his loan spell. What an utter waste of money.

Not being funny but you were advocating for Levein to be United manager again not so long ago. 

Putting your opinions on managers aside I see your point but I disagree. He could get signed by any other club now willing to meet his wage demands and selling clause 💁‍♂️

Also this is just a general point but a lot of folk are going mad for Norwood to sign, do people think that he's not going to cost around 9k a week including a loan fee. Can't see Ipswich letting him go out on loan for nothing. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

19 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Why pay £300K (more than Nisbett would have cost) for a someone that could go and sign for Hibs, Aberdeen, anyone really, on a pre-contract in 4 months time if he does really well? I know he loved his time at the club but I bet he'd love a few extra grand a month more.

Love big Pav but hes not worth a £300k fee for a season with no guaranteed sell on for us. Id be massively wary of us paying £300k for him at the best of times tbh.

Nisbet went to Hibs for close to 400k no? I'm sure I seen that somewhere, may be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Not being funny but you were advocating for Levein to be United manager again not so long ago. 

Putting your opinions on managers aside I see your point but I disagree. He could get signed by any other club now willing to meet his wage demands and selling clause 💁‍♂️

Also this is just a general point but a lot of folk are going mad for Norwood to sign, do people think that he's not going to cost around 9k a week including a loan fee. Can't see Ipswich letting him go out on loan for nothing. 

I was advocating for Levein when I thought we'd be likely to end up with the likes of Malky Mackay or John Hughes. Still would.

What you're advocating is just financial illiteracy.

Saying others are being just as daft wanting Norwood doesn't ignore the nonsense of wasting £9k/week on a loan fee. If others are willing to pay it, good for them.

Anyone else on this board in favour of signing Norwood if he'd cost us £9k/week? I fucking hope not!

I don't know what our players earn, but I'd guess that Safranko wouldn't get more than £3k/week, yet you're willing to waste an additional £9k/week in the hope that he'll sign with us permananently? You can disagree all you want, but thats just stark raving bonkers!

Edited by ArabFC

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I was advocating for Levein when I thought we'd be likely to end up with the likes of Malky Mackay or John Hughes. Still would.

What you're advocating is just financial illiteracy.

I'd probably be happy with a maximum £175K fee for Safranko, if it was a three deal on a permanent basis or a one year loan deal with the guarantee that he joins permanently in the summer.

I wouldn't be happy if we were paying anything if there's a high chance he could walk away next summer to another club.

I think if Safranko desperately wants to join he'll force through a transfer closer to my figure. 

1 minute ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Has Arabian knight thought about contacting the club? Maybe if they offer to pay a percentage of the fee united and Arabian knight  can work this whole thing out and bring pavlova safranko back to his spiritual home?

He's starting a gofundme page and walking to Romania. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nisbet went to Hibs for close to 400k no? I'm sure I seen that somewhere, may be wrong though. 

Nope. Was actually £250k.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-nisbet-opens-up-hibs-22349435.amp

The new £250,00 signing from Dunfermline shared an Instagram post after the deal was completed last week.

So why pay more than that for a guy who could sign for another club within 4 months and won't even be our player for the season?

1314500246_source(2).gif.6c409e9d5952efe6c2ddb33470e43f72.gif

Why would they demand a transfer fee of £675k but agree to loan him out for a year until his contract expires for £300k when the end result for them at least is 100% the same thing? He never plays for them again either way, so surely they would just as soon sell him for £300k? Not that I would advocate paying that for him mind, just doesn’t make sense to me. 

55 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'd probably be happy with a maximum £175K fee for Safranko, if it was a three deal on a permanent basis or a one year loan deal with the guarantee that he joins permanently in the summer.

I wouldn't be happy if we were paying anything if there's a high chance he could walk away next summer to another club.

I think if Safranko desperately wants to join he'll force through a transfer closer to my figure. 

If United have the money available and are happy to spend it then £300k for Safranko on a permanent deal would look like good business to me. I love Safranko though and it's not my money so that's easy for me to say. If the situation were reversed though I'd be very unimpressed if we were selling him for that price. Livi got over a million for Lyndon Dykes. He's fucking miles better than him.

8 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Why would they demand a transfer fee of £675k but agree to loan him out for a year until his contract expires for £300k when the end result for them at least is 100% the same thing? He never plays for them again either way, so surely they would just as soon sell him for £300k? Not that I would advocate paying that for him mind, just doesn’t make sense to me. 

Tbf, the £300k was just someone plucking a figure out of thin air. What's been reported is that his current club would want a six figure loan fee or the full release clause for a permanent deal.

You guys know I was playing devil's advocate with my points. Personally I'd love to see Pav sign even at 675k because I love seeing him play for the club. 

I'd also be willing to walk to Romania to make it happen. 

Not sure what would happen first though, my feet falling off or the season finishing 🤣

Just the 21 days according to Google mind you. Still more likely my feet would fall off. 

Screenshot_20200903_201624.jpg

Edited by ArabianKnight

Some of the figures being quoted for Pav are crazy. The £250k we were supposedly willing to offer for Nesbitt would be acceptable for a permanent deal but anything over £100k for a loan deal would be bonkers as while we would hopefully be in a strong position to get him on a pre contract there is no guarantee of it.

I personally would love to see Pav return and hope we can work a deal as I thought he did very well previously (until Robbie decided he was a winger/wingback, fucking dick) and would fit in well with Mickeys high pressing game along with being a great foil for Shankland. 

Edited by skinny arab