The Dundee United Thread 22/23

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Do United give discounted hospo to ST holders or do they charge full whack? 

Could see the demand spiking shortly. 

Think the only thing you could have bought this season is a Season Package. They won't be selling corporate for individual matches for some time yet.

8 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Think the only thing you could have bought this season is a Season Package. They won't be selling corporate for individual matches for some time yet.

They have the Hamilton game in November, and all other games onwards available on the website

Wil be intersting to see how they tackle the Peterhead and Kelty games. Not covered by the season tickets, and would ordinarily be a first come first served basis. Doubt they'll do that for these matches though.

They might still give Season Ticket holders first refusal as part of a ticket ballot.

The more I think about things the more I realise I’ve maybe not missed attending games in the same way I thought I might. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to get back to games and miss away day trips, but to be honest it’s the first time in years I’ve ever felt very relaxed at the weekends in terms of having time to do things and spend time with the family. Being able to watch the games at 3pm and still be in your house, rather than spending time travelling to and from matches is actually a bit of a novelty right now.

Personally, I’d prefer to just go back once we can have a really high percentage of fans back and I could sit near the people I normally go to games with.

I thought I would miss going to games more than I actually am.

6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

They might still give Season Ticket holders first refusal as part of a ticket ballot.

The more I think about things the more I realise I’ve maybe not missed attending games in the same way I thought I might. Done get me wrong I’d love to get back to games and miss away day trips, but to be honest it’s the first time in years I’ve ever felt very relaxed at the weekends in terms of having time to do things and spend time with the family. Being able to watch the games at 3pm and still be in your house, rather than spending time travelling to and from matches is actually a bit of a novelty right now.

Personally, I’d prefer to just go back once we can have a really high percentage of fans back and I could sit near the people I normally go to games with.

I thought I would miss going to games more than I actually am.

Each to their own obviously. Everyone's circumstances are all different. I personally can't wait to get back in any capacity at all - but my five year old football / United daft son may be the driving force behind feeling like that. 

The two of us have season tickets, so presumably we'll get a game within the next month or two.

If they go with a 1000 limit (surely that will rise to maybe around 3000 as the season progresses?) then your looking at getting to one in five games. If you pick up a ticket for Kelty / Peterhead I wonder if that will impact upon your chances for a league match? It shouldn't as it not on the season ticket - but they might view it otherwise. Either way a challenge that the club, or any other club, has never faced before. But one they'll just have to get on with and work things out.

Getting to Tannadice with "a high percentage of fans back" seems light years away. Although if, like me, you caught any of the Speedway from Poland on BT at the weekend, the crowd at that was fairly well attended. Looked like they were employing social distancing, but maybe using 1M. I can't imagine Nicola Sturgeon being comfortable with that.

Each to their own obviously. Everyone's circumstances are all different. I personally can't wait to get back in any capacity at all - but my five year old football / United daft son may be the driving force behind feeling like that. 
The two of us have season tickets, so presumably we'll get a game within the next month or two.
If they go with a 1000 limit (surely that will rise to maybe around 3000 as the season progresses?) then your looking at getting to one in five games. If you pick up a ticket for Kelty / Peterhead I wonder if that will impact upon your chances for a league match? It shouldn't as it not on the season ticket - but they might view it otherwise. Either way a challenge that the club, or any other club, has never faced before. But one they'll just have to get on with and work things out.
Getting to Tannadice with "a high percentage of fans back" seems light years away. Although if, like me, you caught any of the Speedway from Poland on BT at the weekend, the crowd at that was fairly well attended. Looked like they were employing social distancing, but maybe using 1M. I can't imagine Nicola Sturgeon being comfortable with that.

It’s maybe more that I went to every game home and away, and that has been the case for a number of years. Suddenly having all this time at the weekend has been a pleasant surprise!

I think we're moving into another phase now whereby the emphasis will be on identifying and isolating actual carriers early on rather than assuming that anyone might be infected. That will allow a lot of things to return to relative normality - like attending outdoor sporting events (assuming the majority behave sensibly and honestly). I can see 5,000 crowds inside Tannadice before the end of the year.

Summer football can get to f**k but when there was a bit of a nip in the air last Saturday I was choking for a game.

If I was emailed by United tomorrow and told I was one of the lucky 1000 I would decline.

Unless there is a decent crowd in with a decent atmosphere I don't see any advantage to being there.

The club were willing to pay at least 250k for Nisbet though [emoji848]

To be fair, that was to buy him not loan him. 6 figures for a loan or £675k to sign him outright? As much as i love Super Pav, thats a bit steep. I would be looking at other options

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

To be fair, that was to buy him not loan him. 6 figures for a loan or £675k to sign him outright? As much as i love Super Pav, thats a bit steep. I would be looking at other options

Aye but his contract runs out next year. Say take him on a season long loan for circa 300k then it's decent value, he is well known for loving it at United so wouldn't be adverse to signing when he's a fee agent next year. 

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye but his contract runs out next year. Say take him on a season long loan for circa 300k then it's decent value, he is well known for loving it at United so wouldn't be adverse to signing when he's a fee agent next year. 

What's Tony telling you? Is he still confident of this deal being done?

30 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

That's just about the craziest thing I've ever heard.

There is no way on earth we should be forking out £300k as a loan fee on ANY player.